Corn is my crytonite!

AdeanaMarie
on 9/27/13 4:43 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

So seriously,  every time I think I can handle have a couple corn chips or a small handful of popcorn, I lose it.  My own choice of course.  I do not need to put it in my mouth.  I need to keep it out of my house that is for sure.  But this week we had a work potluck that has gone on since Wednesday.  Included tortilla chips and homemade salsa and homemade gluten free corn bread with yummy delicious real butter.

Starting fresh!  No more corn for me!!

Not only is it addictive, my body hurts after I eat it.  My joints, I am lethargic and my energy is gone.  All good reasons to stay away.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

cappy11448
on 9/27/13 6:20 am

Hi,

A number of years ago, I did the elimination diet looking for allergies, and found I was allergic to corn.   My main reaction was that it made me very lethargic.   I guess its pretty common, and people don't realize the effect.  So I stay away from corn -- which is much easier now that I am sleeved. 

Carbs are a strong trigger for me, and I am motivated by fear of losing control if I don't stick to my plan.  It may take a few days to break the cravings but hang in there.  You deserve to be healthy and energetic!

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/13 6:26 am

My cryptonite is bread, so I get it.  Stay away from cryptonite, and find something else you really like to add in to your food plan.

Vanessa_M
on 9/27/13 7:28 am

Mine is peanuts and / or peanut butter. Once I start its bad news! I crave it, eat some then have to put it in the trash! I have to stop buying it.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

AdeanaMarie
on 9/27/13 8:09 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
I am guessing I have some intolerance for corn, since I have one for wheat and there can be cross contamination. You are right. I just need to eliminate it, like I did wheat and gluten. I have no desire to go back to wheat or gluten because I feel so much better. Need to prove the same thing to myself regarding corn.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active