MN VSG Surgeons, suggestions??? ...

B. Smith
on 9/27/13 7:04 am
VSG on 12/04/13

The one surgeon I've met with only has done 25 surgeries and that makes me a little nervous.  Plus he doesn't promote it like he does RNY...

LtWeight
on 9/27/13 7:13 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

I would check additional surgeons.  Many have free seminars where they give a lot of information about their programs.  I would also recommend looking for a "center of excellence."  My surgeon has done over 4000 WLS and there are many others in my area that have lots of experience with VSG.  I discussed it with my primary care physician before I went to my surgeon's seminar and let her know I was thinking of using him and she said she had referred many of her patients to him.  I felt a lot better.  Also, they don't do any advertising, it's all word of mouth and I really like that.  They are very busy and have a great reputation.

I would be nervous with only 25 surgeries too.  Keep us posted.

LynaeJ
on 9/27/13 1:07 pm
VSG on 08/13/13
Not sure what part of MN you're in, but my surgeon was Dr Fabian at Sanford in Fargo. He is EXCELLENT. I haven't met one person in the department that wasn't knowledgeable and compassionate. I believe they have 3 or 4 surgeons there and do approximately 400-500 surgeries each year.

hopesmom
on 9/28/13 3:41 am
VSG on 09/26/13
Run, do not walk, away from this surgeon. You deserve all the experience and expertise a veteran surgeon can offer. Someone earlier referenced a center of excellence. It is worth the piece of mind that comes from having the best in your corner.

HOPESMOM

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views