I STILL get confused...

starry957
on 9/30/13 8:16 am

Alright, at almost 9 months, you would think I "get" the satisfied but not full feeling pattern of eating right?  I'm at the goal I set for myself which is another source of anxiety etc (maintenance?  never been able to do it) 

I still mess it up all the time.  I feel like now that the "worrying" about complications, etc....is gone and I am healed, physically, etc....I am less able to "know" when to stop.  Yes, I measure my food, and yes, I wait 30mins before and after drinking to eat (at least), but I do feel my capacity has grown somewhat....depending on what time of day it is.  For instance, I can eat a whole egg now and not have to stop.  I guess this is normal...but it worries me.  Is an egg overdoing it???

I am SO worried that I am going to mess all of this up completely.  After all, I don't know about all of you, but I've NEVER maintained anything in my life.  I have always EITHER been gaining weight OR losing weight.  This is so foreign to me!!!

Any feedback is appreciated,

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Miss150
on 9/30/13 9:16 am

Learning the art of mantience is a crazy thing, right?  I'm right there with you trying to figure this all out, too.  Like you, I do not know what it means to be a stable eater- neither gaining or loosing.  Just know that we will get this figured out.  I do know that as we add calories it needs to be the good, nutritious kind.  Take heart and let's just keep traveling on.  We can do this!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active