Still struggling on my pre-op diet

jenamir21
on 10/3/13 12:46 am
VSG on 10/14/13

Hey Everyone! I am 5 days in to my 2 week pre op diet. I have lost about 9 pounds so far, but I know I still have not been getting all of my protein in. My Unjury chicken flavored soup came today in the mail. I tried my soup this morning which wasn't bad, and it was a lot better compared to the shakes. I am still worried that on my surgery date my doctor is going to tell me I cant get sleeved, because of my protein. I am so worried, and I have come so far and I really want this. I am going to gnc today to see if i can get some more samples to try for shakes, since that is all I can drink starting Sunday. I have to find a shake fast or I may have to postpone my surgery if I don't  find one. Everybody keeps telling me to just suck it up and drink it even if its disgusting. I am sorry but that is so hard for me to do. I have listen to all the advice everyone has given me up here. I am going to do get thru this pre-op diet no matter what it takes. Continue to pray for my fellow VSG's!

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

FLParrotGirl
on 10/3/13 1:34 am
VSG on 10/14/13

I am sending positive thoughts your way. Have you tried premier protein shakes?  That is what I have been drinking. You CAN get through this!  Keep your chin up!

woodartc
on 10/3/13 1:59 am
Try premier protein shakes, they are delicious. I'm in the begining stage of trying to have surgery and started drinking one protein shake in place of a meal or snack. You can do it!
G5x5
on 10/3/13 2:16 am - VA

I didn't find GNC to be very useful and frankly think the store is a waste of time.  However, I found "The Vitamin Shoppe" to be real good and stocked a lot of variety.  I believe they are a large chain also and likely to have stores in your area.  If not, just do you best to read labels and choose wisely.

Also, I don't think lack of protein will stop the surgery (just my opinion).  The pre-op diet is about shrinking the liver.  To do that you have to cut out a lot of those bad habits and keep carbs low.  The protein requirement during this time is so you're not running a deficit there and creating other issues for yourself.  However, I don't think those issues would stop the surgery.  Again, just my opinion and understanding.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active