Question about Scale Moving and Cals...Frisco?

mdusha
on 10/6/13 11:46 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

So the scale has really slowed down moving for me. I'm apparently still losing inches as I've slid another size down in clothes (to an 8...have I mentioned i wear an EIGHT now? Not sure what planet I'm inhabiting that this is possible, but there ya have it lol). But I really, REALLY want to get to my original goal of 160 and suspect I'll be dropping that to about 145 once I hit it.

I read a post the other day where Frisco suggested someone to drop their cals by 200 - 300 to jump start weight loss again.

I use MFP religiously and most days, average 550 to 650 cals...never, ever going above 800.

Should I try the 200 - 300 cal drop because that would be VERY significant given the limited cals I'm already ingesting. I'm happy to do it, but just want to see if it's wise, considering where my caloric level already is most days.

Thoughts?

I'm not getting obsessive about the scale. I know it will eventually move...I get that. But I WOULD like a way to jump start it a bit.

Thanks!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/13 1:18 am

I am not Frisco, but we come from the same "school" and share the same doctor and the same program.  No, it would not be wise for you to drop your calories by 200-300 if you are only consuming about 600 right now.  I would tell you that you are NOT in a stall.  You are losing inches which goes against the very definition of a stall.  Stay the course, change nothing and for goodness sake, don't listen to anyone that tells you to increase your calories.  This is just a normal part of the journey.  This takes character and patience and diligence.  You can do this.  Just keep moving forward and journaling every bite.  

mdusha
on 10/7/13 1:29 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Thanks for your insight Elina...much appreciated! I'm happy to hear from anyone on this..not just Frisco! :-))

Ok...that was my gut feeling too. As long as SOMETHING Is changing (pounds, inches, etc...) and improving, keeping the course seems about right. But I wanted to be sure. I have really tried to follow the advice of you and Frisco and all folks who worked with your doctor as your successes are amazing and I wanted to emulate that.

Thanks again! You're a true inspiration and I really appreciate your willingness to reach out and help others! :-))

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Spencerella
on 10/7/13 1:59 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

You've lost an amazing amount of weight in a very short time.  It's clear you're living proof that you're doing everything right. As Elina said,  keep doing what you're doing because there are no extra calories there to shave off. You will get to goal!  And to borrow fresco's words, congratulations on having the level of commitment and compliance it takes to do this well!  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

frisco
on 10/7/13 2:01 am

Sounds like you are "on point"...... Your just entering the "hard part" ...... the last weight.......

Just to add to Elina's post.....

Stay consistent, don't be tempted to the wig wagging suggestions.

Keep your protein, fluids and activity "up"

Your doing great !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active