Close to Goal-- How do I stop the weight loss?

Jarisaunt
on 10/7/13 9:43 am - CA
VSG on 08/21/12

Hi,

My primary care doc has asked me to slow down or stop my weight loss. Yeah, that is something I never thought I'd hear...

Problem is, I've been in weight loss mode the last 14 months. I only know how to eat a certain way. Will some vets who've faced this issue offer some suggestions? Can I eat cinnamon rolls? Milkshakes? Pizza?... No, I didn't think so. So what do I do?

My weight loss has been pretty dramatic the last 3 months-- more than 30 pounds. I eat at least 1000 calories a day, and I include carbs in my diet. I do eat a lot of vegetables, dense protein, cheese...but I also have an english muffin every morning and the occasional San Francisco sourdough roll.

Thanks in advance.

Height: 5'5"  2 wks pre-op: -15  M1: -20  M2: -18  M3: -12  M4: -13  M5: -8 M6: -10 M7: -2 M8: -10 M9: -4 M10: 0 M11: -3 M12: -3 M13: -14 Start Wt:290 SurgWt:275 (BMI 46) Current Wt:145 (BMI 24) Goal:140 (BMI 23.3)

mmmesser
on 10/7/13 9:51 am

Not to make light of your situation....but I can't wait to have this problem.  I think this might be a trial and error thing though...as in still making healthy choices but increasing calories...like more fruits along with protein?  Let us know.

mkvand
on 10/7/13 7:50 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I'm not a vet, but have you tried increasing foods with healthy fats, like avocados or nuts?

sleevegirl
on 10/7/13 11:10 pm - Austin, TX

The common way is to increase your calories by 100 every wee****il you stop losing. Sounds easy, right? *laughing*

Why do they want you to stop losing? I can see trying to slow it down, but if you want to keep going and you're a healthy weight and not losing it unhealthily, I don't see the problem. BUT yeah, you've lost a lot the past 3 months.

Maintenance is a whole other ball of wax for sure. I'm still figuring it out myself. Stop by the VSG Maintenance Group and read back through some old posts, lots of good info there! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Hang in there. Just increase slowly and see how your body reacts. HUGS.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active