PCOS Symptoms

theladyelsie
on 10/11/13 5:33 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Hello everyone :)

For those of you with PCOS I was wondering if, with your weight loss from the surgery, you ever saw a decrease in the some of the things associated with PCOS like increased facial hair, thinning hair (I realize that hair loss is very likely with surgery but I meant after that), increased body hair, etc.  I understand it takes awhile for these things to go away if they were to  but am just hoping that eventually they will.  

Thank you!

Stephanie R.
on 10/11/13 8:25 am - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
I'm wondering the same thing! PCOS is a *****! I'm also wondering if it's contributing to my weight loss being so slow.

My WLS and Plastic Surgery Journey Page: Stephanie's Journey 

Sleeve: 9/11/13  LBL, TL, BL/BA: 12/16/14

hopesmom
on 10/11/13 12:58 pm
VSG on 09/26/13
Wondering the same! Thanks for asking...

HOPESMOM

Mrs_Desire _
on 10/11/13 1:13 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
You are doing awesome. Have you lost your weight just from surgery? 27 pounds in less than a month!!

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Mrs_Desire _
on 10/11/13 1:15 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
I have pcos too. I hope things improve as the weight come off. This will be my second chance.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/13 12:14 am
I have pcos what I was told if you already have hair in places like your face it wont go away. So have I've lost 32 pounds and the one thing I've noticed is I have gotten my period. Its definitely trying to get back on track. I was hoping to lose this facial hair myself.
cookiebun
on 10/12/13 3:32 am - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

I also have PCOS and I just reached my 6 month mark.  I have found the weight loss to be slower, but mostly steady (after the initial 7 week stall!)  I still have the hair growth on my face, but my periods seem to have regulated themselves to about every 4-5 weeks all on their own... yay!

My dr's all say I am perfectly on track and all my labs came back perfect, so I am not worried about the slower loss, just gotta keep it moving. I never had the thinning hair, but I do now, so I take biotin to help with that.

Good luck!

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

rselenesu
on 10/13/13 9:49 am
VSG on 07/15/13

My facial hair issue has decreased quite a bit.

theladyelsie
on 10/13/13 11:56 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

I have been fortunate that I haven't really (at least not yet) noticed my weight loss affected by my PCOS.   It is the facial hair that is driving me crazy.  When I saw a dermatologist a number of years ago I thought I remembered him saying that the hair growth would slow slow due to hormones no longer stimulating the area but that it took at least 6 months but I can't remember.  I had a spontaneous period about a month after surgery so hoping to see another one again soon.

JenniferRN
on 10/14/13 11:59 am - NJ
VSG on 01/22/13 with

I am 8+ months out and have noticed a tremendous decrease in the amount of facial hair I have. It is by no means gone, but has decreased.  I also now how my period monthly! I am like clockwork. I can't say that is a good thing, but definitely more healthy. 

Most Active