3 Month Update... Sorry I've been away so long!

Patricia2013
on 10/13/13 2:04 am - Atlanta, GA

Hello OH family! You all are terrific!

October 9th was my 3 month Surgiversary. Last two months have been a challenge. Teenagers went back to school, and hubby got a new job. I have a new manager at work and we don't see eye to eye, causing me a lot of undue stress. Thus, turning my life upside down. But I have decided to try to come to the message board at least once a day, to receive my daily encouragement, and support everyone else through their journey.

Regardless of all the drama in my life, I have done well staying on course and incorporating exercise into my stressful life. I am pleased with my results during this honeymoon phase. I will admit I have been tempted to cheat, but only did it once. And it was not worth the guilt I felt afterwards. When I'm tempted now, I just repeat my mantra "STAY ON PLAN." This is my year and I'm going to finally stop taking care of everyone else, and take care of ME!

I'm following the plan of most of the successful VSGers, but I have a very hard time with liquids during the week, because we are not allowed food or drink in my work environment. Thus, during the week I have to drink during breaks, and weekends drin****il my eyeballs float in my head.

I have an apple shape body and I have lost weight throughout, especially my breasts. My main concern is my excess stomach fat. I have a lot of it! I wish I could pull it up to my breast to even things out. HA! I don't know what I can do to decrease the stomach fat. Any suggestions???

5'3 SW 218 M1: -22 M2: -12 M3: -12 M4: -12 M5: -10 M6: -8 M7: -12

Tracy D.
on 10/13/13 3:37 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh, Patricia - I feel your pain on the apple-shaped tummy bulge!  My legs, arms and boobs have shrunk significantly but I still have significant trunk fat (cuz mine is on the back too)...and I'm only 21 lbs. from goal.   I get discouraged when I read about people who weigh a lot more than me but are in much smaller sizes.  I know it's because of this darn stomach!! 

I don't have any  tips for dealing with it...other than stick to the plan, continue to exercise and understand that it will be the very LAST fast to go.  

You are doing great - keep up the good work! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Patricia2013
on 10/13/13 7:16 am - Atlanta, GA

Tracy, congratulations on your last 21 lbs., and thanks for the encouraging words. I too have "junk in the trunk" but it doesn't bother me as much as the tummy bulge. Good to know that the stomach will eventually be gone. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/13 4:32 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Congratulations on sticking to the plan through all the stress that your going through at work. Great weight loss. As for the loose belly skin I also cant help you with that unfortunately I have it too! But its better than the big rolls I had before. Hope things improve at work for you and keep up the great work.

Patricia2013
on 10/13/13 7:24 am - Atlanta, GA

Thanks for the support. Your weight loss is extremely impressive. You're right at least the loose belly skin is better than the rolls. 

claimmaster
on 10/13/13 4:43 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I'm an apple too, with very thin legs and arms.  You'll see how disproportional I am when I post my before and after pics at 6 months.  I looked at my before pics and was so blown away by how little my legs were compared to the rest of me.  I'm losing all over, but I know my stomach will be the last to go.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Patricia2013
on 10/13/13 7:19 am - Atlanta, GA

Jane, i'm looking forward to your 6 mo pics! Hurray for you! Keep up the good work. Good to know that eventually our "muffin tops" will be gone.

Member Services
on 10/13/13 4:47 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations on your success!  We are happy you have returned to the boards.  Here is a link to some threads on the topic of body shape and weight loss.  Read what other members are saying. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=apple+ shaped+body&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID %3A9

Best wishes!

lil1inside
on 10/13/13 8:10 am
VSG on 07/10/13

Hello Patricia,

We had our surgeries about the same time.  I'm glad you are doing so good!  I can relate to your stresses too.  I work at a shelter and have been around alot of people who are abusing drugs--one thing I find is they always have an excuse as to why they are doing this--there is always someone or something that went bad in their life and caused them this.  I realized that I am that way with food a bit--anything goes wrong and it's my excuse to eat.  Well, I have finally realized this and am not letting my "excuses" hurt me any longer.

I hope you will continue with your success and will focus on you for a while, you deserve to be happy!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

hopesmom
on 10/13/13 11:45 am
VSG on 09/26/13
I loved your post. Congratulations! I particularly liked your determination to stick to plan - this IS your year.

HOPESMOM

Most Active