Disney Vacation 6 1/2 weeks Post op!

jubigirl
on 10/14/13 3:01 pm, edited 10/14/13 3:05 pm
VSG on 08/26/13

I have had a Disney vacation planned with my daughter, a friend, and her daughter for several months.  When I got my surgery date I was very thankful it gave me just enough recuperation time.  The day before I was scheduled to leave, my 2 dogs (german shepards) that are incased within an invisible fence of about an acre came up missing.  I finally found a good use for Facebook.  The dogs were found the next morning over 8 miles from my house.  After a lot of looking, pacing, crying, I threw our belongings in a suitcase and we were off.

The dog incident had me in chaos.  I left ALL my vitamins at home!  I also left my protein powder and a couple of other things. :(  I drank LOTS of water and ate my protein.  It was tough but I managed.  Epcot food and wine fest was in full swing.  I tasted some good stuff! (it wasn't really bad for me either)  The Greek stand had roasted mozzarella with honey pistachio sauce.  I nibbled and it was yummy.  Since surgery I've had ZERO sugar so it was like dessert; the one bite.  I also sampled grilled marinated calamari. 

I've lost 40+ pounds since surgery.  I have always been a grazer and the restriction is perfect for me.  I nibble here, nibble there.  I found the easiest way for me to keep track of my protein is to measure out portions and just munch on what I need to eat throughout the day.  Most normal days I don't have a real sit down meal.  When I feel the urge to eat, I grab n go.  It works for me.  My husband travels for a living and I do sit down for an evening dinner when he is home. (it's his busy season now)  I sit with my daughter when she eats and I will pick. 

The first few weeks after surgery really helped me realize what a food addict really is... ME!  I also realized all I need is a taste.  It satisfies the "craving" or desire.  I realize a lot of people frown upon the "just one taste".  I think we are all different, both physically and mentally.  I do have a short list of forbidden foods for me.  They include, bread, rice, high carb veggies, like potatoes and corn, chips, crackers, and sugar.  Oh, and pasta is another no no for me.

I already have more energy and feel better about myself.  I also feel better being a good example for my daughter.

photo 1af84e14-8276-4cfe-be19-cdccc705ac5f.jpg

photo b665e76f-393a-4af9-9e1e-3a33c82055d8.jpg

I have a LONG way to go but I'm on my way; that's what counts!

Kelli

pineview01
on 10/14/13 4:48 pm - Davison, MI

You sure have changed already.  Look how happy and beautiful you are.  I am heading to Disney in a couple weeks.  I was suppose to have gone in April but, put it off to go with all the grandkids.  My daughter was hoping for free dining.  We did get it but I rather have the room discount as I don't eat all that much.  Well, the others are happy with it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jubigirl
on 10/14/13 4:56 pm
VSG on 08/26/13

Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. :)

Kelli

sonia29
on 10/14/13 7:49 pm
You look great! Can't wait to read your goal post!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

Most Active