Hard to Find WLS Soups Without Whey Protein In It

hope123
on 10/16/13 4:43 am - MO

I'm allergic to whey protein.  Has anyone come across soups that we can eat pre and post-op that doesn't have whey protein in it?  I've seen a few soy products, but not much out there.  Just wondering if anyone has found one that tastes good without whey?  Or, have you made your own?  I'm talking about soups we can eat the first two weeks after surgery?  I realize it's only bouillon the first week, but the second week is good to go.  If you made your own, would you mind sharing?  How did you get protein in it?  Thanks!

laushi91
on 10/16/13 4:52 am - NC

I've seen some made with pea protein and rice protein as well. If you have a whole foods market near you they should sell some or the vitamin shoppe. Sorry that I don't know how they taste.

hope123
on 10/16/13 4:55 am - MO

I'm going by the Vitamin Shoppe today, so I'll check for it.  They didn't indicate anything like that on their website, so I'm hopeful I just missed it.  Thanks!  :-)

teachren
on 10/16/13 11:06 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/13/13 with

Too bad on the whey protein...it`s my lifeline!

I make my own soups so I can control the ingredients and more importantly the sodium you tend to get in prepared soups. Early on I made a taco soup that I used ground turkey for the base and pureed the life out of it. I couldn`t have it until week 4 on my diet though.

Now I often use low fat plain greek yogurt to add protein to my soups. It makes them creamy without adding milk or cream. 3\4 of a cup has 18 grams of protein. Plus..it tastes great in squash soup! :-)

You can personal message me if you'd like me to send you a few recipes...

Cheers

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views