I am new to the site.

alicia0206
on 10/17/13 10:13 am

Hello, 

I am new to the site but wanted to put something out there. I am 22 years old and 322 pounds. I just got the news today that my insurance has approved my surgery! I am going to get the sleeve. I still have one more appointment before my Pre-Admission testing day, but I should have my surgery before Thanksgiving. Oh my, am I going to enjoy Thanksgiving this year? Of course I will because I will be on my road to a healthy life. Anybody want to tell me about their personal experience at any stage of this process please do as I do not know anyone who has done this surgery. 

Can't wait to have a date scheduled!!!!!!!!!!! 

Bye Bye. 

bugsy
on 10/17/13 11:53 am
VSG on 10/10/13

Hi Alicia,

I am new to this site as well.  I just got my sleeve on 10/10/13 and love it so far!  My recovery has been been pretty easy but I guess after two c-sections and lap band surgery, I am a veteran at this type of thing.   The best advice I can give you after surgery is get up and walk..  Initially it doesn't feel to hot but in the long run it truly helps speed up your recovery. Wishing you a great journey!

Mandy

1enviousladybug
on 10/17/13 1:00 pm

Yay to you Alicia and all that are on this thread, I can't wait to complete alll of my pre-op test and get an approval. I'm happy for you. Good luck wink

Deckeriv
on 10/17/13 10:09 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

The best advice I can give is: 1. Enjoy the drugs during the surgery and especially afterward. You will get a big bottle of liquid hydrocodone and need to take it as prescribed. A lot of people don't...saying "I don't like taking drugs" but honestly your body needs the relief even if you can stand the pain. Your stomach was cut and is freaking out. Let it rest that first two weeks.

2. Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip. Don't worry about anything other than that the first week and then continue after. The walking helps with pain and healing and the sipping is necessary all the time or you won't be able to get in your fluids. The first week is going to be a fog. The second week you will be very tired. The third week you will feel young again and won't believe how much weight you have already lost. That pound a day period is awesome.

3. It's a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the weight loss and stick to your plan. Don't worry about the stalls, they resolve themselves. Good luck.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

nay2120
on 10/17/13 11:19 pm - MA
VSG on 09/03/13

Welcome!!

This is the BEST wls forum on the internet.

My suggestion is read read read!! haha!!  People have been so generous sharing the good & bad. You will see that you are not alone in your journey. It has been a great source of support.

tysmom01
on 10/18/13 6:07 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

Welcome!! Congratulations on the insur approval!! YAY!! I'm still a newbie but I will give you a little advice. The preop diet SUCKS!! I won't try to sugar coat it. After the first 4 days or so it is much easier though. But just remember, as tough as it is, it is only a small amount of time compared to the lifetime of healthy living you are about to start!! Also, follow your doctors orders to the tee after surgery!! It will make your recovery so much easier. Walk, walk, walk, walk, and rest a lot too! Force your fluids in!! It will be tough at first due to your stomach is swollen from the major surgery. Once swelling goes down, it will be much easier! But you've got to get those fluids in!! Dehydration is not fun. They give you liquid pain med script at discharge....fill it and take them!! After about 2-3 days postop I was only taking it at night to help me get comfortable to sleep, and then at 1 1/2 weeks postop I was not taking any. Just keep in mind that everyone's experience is different so you may not do as well or as bad as some others. But the walking and the fluids are a must! It helps get all that gas out and just makes you feel better! This is also not an "easy" fix for weight loss. It is a tool to help you along. You will learn many things as you go on your journey. I know I sure am!! Good luck to you!! 

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Most Active