Just a blog I read that you might find interesting...

AdeanaMarie
on 10/18/13 1:27 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Just a blog I read that you might find interesting...

The September 30 post was about forming habits for the long haul.  I liked it.  Many times in our WLS journey we are thrown into new habits really fast.  Sometimes they are kept for the long haul and sometimes they are not.  I like her approach to doing things methodically and in small increments.  Could be personality preferences as well, for I know some do really well with just jumping into them and keeping them.  I tend to get worried and anxious and doubt myself.  I am going to start applying the little things gradually.  Increasing veggies, intentionally moving my body even if it is just 10 more minutes a day, turning off the TV earlier and reading a book (I snack when I watch TV, but not when I read, weird, but true).  Not hitting snooze in the morning.  Setting my alarm clock to real time.  You get the idea.  All little things that will help my journey.  

I still have my hard and fast habits.  Protein first, not drinking and eating at the same time and sticking with appropriate time frames, now I am doing strength training every other day and love it.  So many things in my life have transferred over to the better habits.  Now I just want to keep moving in that directions of health and wellness.

Anyway, take a look at the blog if you are interested.

http://gokaleo.com/

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

MayPenGirl
on 10/18/13 2:32 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

I also work better with breaking things down and doing them in small increments. 

Great article.  Thanks for sharing!! 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

butterfly3851
on 10/18/13 11:14 am - TX

What an awesome blog!  Lots of good reading - not the same old stuff.

I also started looking at some of the resources and their websites - great info!  

Thanks - I will be subscribing and learning!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views