Encouragement for us walkers!

AdeanaMarie
on 10/22/13 11:42 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Encouragement for us walkers!  Walking does make a difference.  Do not feel discouraged if you have not moved beyond walking yet.  Take a look at the weblink.

http://gokaleo.com/2013/10/21/walking-for-health/

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

lnettles1963
on 10/23/13 12:15 am
VSG on 07/12/13

Great article, thanks for sharing

claimmaster
on 10/23/13 12:20 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Amen, sistah!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Shagdoll
on 10/23/13 1:42 am

I love walking and even though it's not hardcore, it fits into my schedule while at work. 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

frisco
on 10/23/13 3:27 am
I lost near 200lbs. with walking for an hour a day on most days during WL.
This was by design, I've had many gym memberships in my day.... And always fizzle out on them. It just takes so much time out of the day. I wanted activities that I could sustain for life..... The gym is not that for me. (If your a gym rat... Go for it.... Cool)
I also keep dumbells at my desk to keep upper body tone as well as got more active in lift/carrying my equipment cases.
Walking, bicycling and other low impact actives are my regular activities that seem sustainable for me. In the winter I do have a treadmill and stair master.
The "key" is to develop a consistent activity level so your eating can stay consistent also. Runners and big gymers must learn to adjust there eating when they stop/slow heavier workouts. Cutting back is always hard to do....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/13 5:44 am

Runners and big gymers must learn to adjust there eating when they stop/slow heavier workouts. Cutting back is always hard to do....

Frisco, I think this is part of the reason there is a cutting season in the spring. My trainer was bulking me up for the winter explaining we would cut in the spring. I had to explain to him that this former fatty just wasn't ready to add bulk and cut. I'm just not comfortable with that. Too scary. I get it if you're a competitive body builder, but not for an everyday guy like I am.

This is also why I don't do those two a day work out things that some people do. I do no more than my hour a day 4 to 5 days per week. It's what I know I can sustain long term and I'm pleased with the results so I just keep at it.

It really is all about picking what you like doing and incorporating it in to your daily routine.

Most Active