Surgery in Feb. 2014

jamie99d
on 10/24/13 11:28 am
VSG on 02/17/14

Hi guys, I will be having surgery sometime after Feb. 1 2014.  I have already turned in all paperwork and tests and just have to wait to have the insurance for 1 year.  Anyone have suggestions of things I should start doing now??

Member Services
on 10/24/13 1:12 pm - Irvine, CA

We hope the time flies for you!!!  Here is a thread on the topic of "Things to do while waiting for surgery"

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4294524/Things-to-do-wh ile-waiting-for-surgery/

Hope this information helps.

debk21
on 10/24/13 10:11 pm - Mansfield, TX

Congratulations on your date!  It will be here before you know it. Best of luck to you!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

kjo74
on 10/24/13 11:16 pm - Lincoln, NE

Hello!  Sounds like you and I will have close surgery dates!!!  I finish up my 6 month pre-op diet in the beginning of February and then I will have everything to submit to insurance. 

Here's what I have been doing to prep.   I have quit drinking soda, and all carbonated drinks.  Been soda free for a little over 4 months.   I am currently working on not drinking while I eat, this is a tough one for me.  I log my food on MFP (my fitnesspal), and am more aware of my protein and sugar intake. 

Also, I am hitting the workouts!   Cardio and weight training.  Trying to get as toned as I can before surgery to help with the excess skin.  I know I won't avoid excess skin, but just doing what I can to lessen it. 

I read the boards daily and also tune into YouTube WLS/VSG bloggers. 

Oh-Next month I am going to start going to WLS support groups.

Hope this gives some ideas! 

Kendra

Approved!   Meet with surgeon 4/1 to get my surgery date! 

Most Active