need some fashion advice, re those women who use gym pools

SophieNJ
on 10/23/13 4:20 am, edited 10/23/13 4:27 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I am far more concerned about my bat wings then my flabby thighs....I use loose swim shorts with a tank suite so the legs are not an issue.

I know these are made for the water, but has anyone ever seen anyone wearing something like this?  I've used one in my own pool (summer only of course), but have never seen anyone in a pool using them...

http://www.girls4sport.net/Women-s-Half-Sleeve-Full-Zip-Rashguard-Top-p/11a-rsh-hzp.htm

normally I don't care too much, but next year we're moving to a condo with an indoor pool, and these will be neighbors and people i'll be seeing all the time, as opposed to strangers in a gym..

thanks

Sophie

MuttLover
on 10/23/13 6:08 am
VSG on 11/14/12

A very thin woman in my pool uses a long sleeved rash guard for water aerobics classes.  I don't recall if she has a scar or something -- we were chatting once and she has some limitations that are not apparent at all -- but she always wears a rash guard.  Most of the ones I see are pullovers, not with full front zippers.  So I'd be concerned that the zipper would rub my neck during exercise. (I like the non zip version! http://www.girls4sport.net/Women-s-Half-Sleeve-Rashguard-Swimwear-Top-p/08a-rsh-hlf.htm). This is very fun!

I wear a sleeveless unitard (to manage the flabby legs -- the compression is great!), and would wear a sleeved unitard if I could find one!  But a rash guard and shorts would work great!  The rash guards at swim outlet are more boring, but less expensive - so if you aren't sure, maybe try one of the these first:

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Womens_Rashguards_s/2765.htm

Have fun!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

SophieNJ
on 10/24/13 9:11 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Thanks for the link MuttLover....LOL, the only one with elbow length was $110 ! 

interesting about the pullovers....like I said, I've never seen anyone at a gym pool (or actually, anywhere!) wearing one....

I don't plan to pull the zipper all the way up, just really need to cover these freakishly humongous upper arms of mine. Oh I love the zen garden patten (the blue one)!! that's the pattern I was thinking to get with the zipper.  they don't have my size in either style right now, will have in stock again at the beginning of year....oh well...guess I don't have to worry about it for now. 

I too would wear a sleeved unitard, if available, and if more people did. hmmm, maybe we should start a new trend....you know what, I think I'm going to go ahead and get it, and I bet someone else will want to know where I got it :) 

thanks a bunch!!
Sophie

Dakinbar Yes
on 10/23/13 11:21 am
VSG on 05/07/14

I have seen people wearing these at the beach - well long sleeve pull over ones anyone. You'll look fine in it, and if it gives you the confidence to get in the water it's money well spent.

Also, it will be great for when you're at the beach to avoid getting sunburnt :)

SophieNJ
on 10/24/13 9:14 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Hey Daxxy, thanks for your response....I don't think I've seen anyone at the beach with them, oh, wait...I don't go to the beach LOL. I was thinking they are probably fairly popular on the west coast (I'm on the east, NY/NJ area), where water sports are much more popular/possible.  I do go to lakes occassionaly, and am a 'burner', so that would work there too.

Sophie

Lovetocruz
on 10/23/13 7:17 pm - Nashville, NC

I bought a long sleeve rash guard from Lands End recently for a vacation.   I loved it.  I have not had surgery yet, but can not tolerate sun.  This rash guard is light weight, and easy to slip over head. ( some are to tight at neck).  Go to lands end .com and look for black and white striped rash guard.  Bought a modest black bottom and soft bra, did not need swimsuit top under.  It wore soooooo good!

SophieNJ
on 10/24/13 9:17 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

ooohhh, I hadn't thought of that, to wear a soft bra underneath a pullover....great idea!  I'll be checking out Lands End in a few moments

thank you!!

Sophie

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views