Methscopolamine Bromide/Pamine Forte -- anyone taking this for diarrhea ??

SophieNJ
on 10/25/13 8:58 am, edited 10/25/13 9:04 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

been having diarrhea for 2 months now...my food didn't change...I tried eliminating lactose...and sucralose...but that didn't seem to help.  gastro doc said take (5mg) 2 a day...I just took my first one, then read the bad stuff that can happen with this med (damn you internet!).  we have a colonoscopy scheduled, but not for another 2 months....but I will be doing a 'poopie' test (4 of them actually) next week. 

anyone else taking this medication for this reason (it's esp. made for ulcers).....

Thanks

Sophie

princesswimmer24
on 10/25/13 9:36 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I've never had that particular med. I have had diarrhea for 2 1/2 months now, every since my surgery. My surgeon prescribed Lomotil, Levsin and immodium for me. I had all the poop tests done about a month ago and everything came back normal except the one that tested for white blood cells. I have never met anyone else that has had diarrhea this long lol. Please let me know if this pill works for you. I have been stuck in my house for 2 1/2 months now and going stir crazy. I can't get into the gastro do****il the end of Nov. So, it will prolly be 2 months before I get the colonoscopy as well.  Please keep us updated.

Most Active