I'm Home From Surgery - Unexpected Two Day Stay

hope123
on 10/27/13 4:52 am, edited 10/27/13 7:33 am - MO

I had the surgery on Thursday, 10/24, where I had the sleeve and hiatal hernia repair.  The area above the middle of my chest (where the esophogus meets the stomach) hurt pretty bad and I kept rubbing it the entire time I was there.  Fortunately my stomach didn't hurt, but the hiatal hernia repair section did.  I couldn't eat or drink anything the entire time I was there, because when I did, it hurt that repair section so bad, which spasmed and restricted.  Thankfully, I finally got in a little liquid Saturday afternoon, or else I couldn't leave the hospital. I would have stayed longer, because they treated me well there, but you do get a little bored, so I decided to go home.  Plus, it's really hard to sleep with all those wires hooked up to you.  I really hope swallowing things will get better soon, because even taking sips are rough.  I'm very thankful I had an excellent surgeon, and wonderful recovery nurse who was there most of the time I was there.

MsVonne
on 10/27/13 5:18 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

I'm sorry to hear that it's hard for you to swallow now but it will get better soon.  But so happy to hear the surgery went well, good luck!

hope123
on 10/27/13 5:22 am - MO

Thank you MsVonne, I hope so.  If it doesn't get better, they indicated I may need to go back in and have a balloon entered in that area to expand the opening, so we'll see.  I pray I don't have to though.

MsVonne
on 10/27/13 6:25 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

You said it "pray" prayer is the most powerful tool we have and I stand in agreement with you no more hospital visits for you and you are healed in Jesus Name!!!

hope123
on 10/27/13 6:27 am - MO

Awe, thank you MsVonne, I appreciate that!  God's Blessings to you.  :-)

MsVonne
on 10/27/13 10:59 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

tiffanys73
on 10/27/13 6:45 am

I hope you start feeling better soon. Welcome to the losers bench!

hope123
on 10/27/13 7:29 am, edited 10/27/13 7:30 am - MO

Yay, I'm finally on the losers bench, thanks Tiffany!  :-)

I started this process in July, so I'm glad I'm past the surgery now.

It can be nerve-racking.

Izzie S.
on 10/27/13 7:10 am - AZ
I will pray for you to heal better and sooner. God bless you!
hope123
on 10/27/13 7:29 am - MO

Thank you Izzie, it's much appreciated!

May God bless you too!  :-)

Most Active