4 months Post-Op

Neondeon25
on 10/28/13 11:49 pm
VSG on 06/25/13

It has been 4 months (as of the 25th) since my surgery day and I have to say that I am proud of myself for sticking to this new lifestyle.  I am officially down 83 lbs and 20 lbs away from my original goal. (Doc upped my goal to 180)  Things are beginning to slow down a little but I am determined now more than ever to step into the new me.  I had to laugh this morning because I weigh less now than I did when I was in the military (and more fit)

P.S. Mr. Keith I took your message you sent me last month to heart and I will be pushing towards my original goal of 160.

Keep on Trucking,

Kevin

HW:263,SW:250,M1-28.4,M2-16.1,M3-10.5

You'll never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.

Keith L.
on 10/29/13 12:24 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Kevin,

That is fantastics, keep up the good work man. This is truly one of the few things that I have been driven to stick to in my life and it seems like the more I do it the more ingrained in my way of life it becomes. I think this truly has to be one of those things you adopt. If you treat it like a diet, you will stop doing it like every diet we have ever done.

As for goals, they are totally something you have to be comfortable with. My original goal was a body weight. I wanted to hit 184 so I could say I lost 200 lbs. I am at 177 right now. But then I realized that 184 for my height will still give me a BMI of overweight. So I changed my goal to be 12% body fat or less. That is going to put me around 184 but more importantly if I gain a significant amount of muscle before I get there and my weight ends up higher I will still have a goal to shoot for. I would ideally love to be able to say 10% but I am getting older, so who knows. I am around 20% right now.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views