3 months post op today!

Joy M.
on 11/5/13 11:09 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

Yay I'm 165 pounds today on my 3 month post op! I can't complain. It's true what most people say the pounds have just fallen off. Slow at times but 50 since surgery isn't bad. I don't count my calories like many people do but I do eat a lot of protein because I crave it. I don't count carbs but I used to love rice and now if I have to choose between chicken and rice I crave the more protein the better I feel. I don't drink milk by the gallon any more. Before surgery I could drink a half of a gallon to a gallon of milk a day. I'm pretty sure that was a lot of my calories. Just wanted to say thank you sleevers for all ur support. It's encouraging to know I'm not alone. Only 35-40 pounds to goal. I'd be happy at 130 but 125 would be awesome too whatever my body decides to get to I won't complain. Happy Thursday everyone!

Cathy K.
on 11/5/13 11:56 pm

way to go, that is awesome. Hope I have the same results in a couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work.

Joy M.
on 11/5/13 11:59 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

It looks like your doing even better, congrats on ur progress as well!

kimk21w
on 11/6/13 4:10 am

Congrats! I'm about the same pre-op weight and debating whether or not to have the surgery.  i have my first consultation tomorrow.  How was the recovery, any complications?  any feedback on the process would be great!  thans and good luck :) 

Joy M.
on 11/6/13 4:16 am
VSG on 08/06/13

It was a rough first few weeks not being able to eat much, dizzy and weak from not getting a whole lot in. But sooooo worth the very little recovery. I don't do pain well but at a month out I would have never known I had surgery except being able to eat only a little and the awsome weight loss. So recommend this to anyone. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/13 9:13 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Wow, 50 lbs. is a great weight loss in 3 mos. You will be at goal before you know it! Congrats!

kimk21w
on 11/8/13 1:10 am

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.  how much are you eating.  are  you eating regular foods, but in moderation?

Joy M.
on 11/8/13 1:19 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Yes I eat whatever pretty much. But very small amounts but certain food don't sit well any more. Like rice I used to love rice but I crave protein more. But like yesterday for dinner I had half a egg roll n cottage cheese. I'm just glad the feeling of hunger is gone. 

Most Active