Desires.... in an adult manner...

alicia0206
on 11/9/13 8:25 am

So I keep thinking of different questions and here is one... 

I don't currently have any desire to have sex with my boyfriend of 3 almost 4 years who I love dearly... and it isnt that I don't want to have sex with him, I don't want to have sex with anyone... does my weight affect this? Will it change after surgery? 

Thanks! 

mickeymantle
on 11/9/13 8:37 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

try posting in the sex before and after wls surgery forum

with rapid weight lose hormones do crazy thing , your periods may come weekly or not at all

your sex drive may change ether way , or change day by day , you will probity drive your boy friend crazy , with mood swings , changes in sex drive , try to be nice to him ,maybe give him some even if your not in the mood , maybe it will get you in the mood and it will make him happy , which should make you happy if you care about him

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Fran001
on 11/9/13 2:33 pm - MI

If you don't want to have sex with anyone because you're self conscious about your weight, then this may change after surgery.  If you don't want to have sex with anyone because you just aren't interested in sex, then you may be asexual and surgery/weight loss won't change that.

Sandy M.
on 11/9/13 11:18 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Alicia, this is a tough question without understanding your age, psychological state, etc. If you've lost interest in sex because you've lost interest in anything pleasurable, you might be suffering from depression.  And yes, weight does affect your hormones, but there's no way of knowing that without your doctor doing a work-up.

Good luck to you on your journey to better health!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

jubigirl
on 11/10/13 5:45 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Someone posted this the other day.  It was interesting because somewhere in the article it stated those most problems had the most improvement. :)

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/268296.php

Best wishes!

Kelli

VSG on 06/12/13
Hubby has lost 65 lbs. I'm at 75 and climbing. Without going into too many details, I will confirm skinny sex is da bomb.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views