Week 3 Post-Op (Food Amount Question)

hope123
on 11/11/13 7:25 am - MO

I'm now on my Week 3 post-op diet.  My Week 3 allows eggs, so I made one scrambled egg for breakfast this morning.  All I could eat was four (very small) bites of that single egg, and I couldn't tolerate anymore what-so-ever.  Is this what it's like for everyone else at this stage?

I realize I want to eat small portions, and that's what this was all about, but my hope was this surgery would give me the ability to be able to eat smaller portions, like a palm-sized portion of meat and some veggies on the side...not 4 bites of one item in total and that's it.  I also realize I'm not at the point wherein I can eat meat and veggies yet (so I'm not expecting to eat these things right now), but what I'm trying to say is I hope the amount I can eat will get better over time and I'm not (this) limited.

Does this get better?

Thank you!

jenlaur1
on 11/11/13 7:27 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

it probably will...you're stomach may still be pretty swollen from the surgery..as it heals, the swelling will go down.  If I scramble my eggs I can eat about an egg and a half now...just about 3 months out.  :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

hope123
on 11/11/13 8:50 am - MO

Thanks Jenlaur, now 1 to 1.5 eggs seems normal to me, and I'd be happy with that.  I'll try and put on my patience hat.  It's so easy to worry about everything in the beginning.  Thanks again!

pineview01
on 11/11/13 8:54 am, edited 11/11/13 9:02 am - Davison, MI

This is normal at the stage you are at!  Your sleeve is swollen and needs to heal.  Take it easy and enjoy your small tight sleeve while it last.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

hope123
on 11/11/13 8:59 am, edited 11/11/13 9:01 am - MO

Okay, I'll try Pineview01.  I must admit I'm finding it hard to enjoy.  I like not being hungry, but I look forward to just being able to sit down with my family and eat (normal) portion sizes I'm supposed to eat, instead of being done at 4 small bites total.  I don't want to go back to large, abnormal portion sizes, just what I'm supposed to eat.  Thanks!  :-)

frisco
on 11/11/13 9:39 am

Your fine.... don't pu**** I was at a half of a scrambled egg at 6 weeks out till about 3 months before I was doing a whole egg.

Always under eat your capacity......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

hope123
on 11/11/13 9:49 am - MO

Thanks Frisco!  :-)

themexcellentone
on 11/11/13 11:55 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

You are only 3 weeks out.  Your new tummy is still pretty angry and swollen.  And yes, it is like that for pretty much everyone.  I wasn't allowed solids until week 4 post-op, and my first food was a scrambled egg that I could only eat half of.  Be patient, your sleeve's swelling will subside and you will be able to eat the small portions you're after.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

hope123
on 11/11/13 11:58 am - MO

Thank you themexcellentone, it's nice to hear this from more then one person, because the more you hear from about experiences the better!  I've also read somewhere that this may never change, and that scares the you know what out of me.  Thanks again, I appreciate it!  :-)

Michael B.
on 11/13/13 11:03 am - Clinton, AR
VSG on 11/11/13

My dietician drilled it into our heads- your sleeve will still be in the process if healing for 8 weeks or so. You don't want to irritate it. But after it's healed, things get better. 

Maim hoping so, being only 2 days post-op!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views