meal ideas

fat_chance
on 11/14/13 9:02 am - NY

What are ideal low fat low carb meals.....breakfast, lunch and dinner

Sandy M.
on 11/14/13 7:36 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

What a loaded question you've asked!  Depends on if you're a vegetarian or not, lactose intolerant or not, gluten tolerant, how many months you are from surgery...you might want to sign up for MyFitnessPal.com and befriend people from this site who have their food diaries open.  Ideal is subjective - what works for YOU is what is important.

However, in general, protein first, veggies second, starch last if at all.  Greek yogurt is nice for breakfast, but a poached egg will stay with you longer.  Skinless chicken breast with a green salad is good, as is lean ground beef, pork loin, or fish.  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

candiedtamz
on 11/14/13 11:09 pm - TX
VSG on 10/22/13

Hey tiffany T! Here is a website I used when doing a low carb diet a few years back. I think most of the menus list some dietary facts with it that can be helpful. This person was doing the Atkins Diet I believe so the fat content on some of these may be higher than what we'd like. By the way, I totally understand about needing some guidance as to what you can put together for meals as I'm only 3.5 weeks out. My advice is don't get discouraged if you can't get a clear answer from your post. Just keep lean protein in mind 1st then make sure to leave room for veggies and fruit in your meals (this helps you use the bathroom #2).  Anyway, hope this website helps!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views