at almost 10 months

starry957
on 11/16/13 5:46 am

Hello!  Just wondered on others' capacities at around 10 months...I was prepared for some increases in my capacity, but not sure what is "typical" or "normal" around this time??  Ie....how many ounces of chicken, etc?  or in "cup" form?

Also.....if there are times where we have had a little too much OR eaten too fast, and there is some discomfort - does this mean that our stomach is stretching??  This worries me because I have had this feeling a number of times (for both reasons as above), and am worried it can "damage" the stomach? 

Thanks for all of your info and feedback,

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

band2sleeverevision
on 11/16/13 5:53 am
VSG on 02/25/13

I'm at the same point as you are and can eat about 2-3 ounces of meat and maybe 1/2 cup of veggies/salad....I think I've always been able to eat a bit more than others.

I think to stretch your stomach you have to overeat over a long period of time and every meal. At least that's what the dr. told me

A. Kondrlik
on 11/16/13 6:54 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I am at almost 10 months out.  i can eat a cup to a cup and a quarter of fairly dense food. (3 oz meat and some veggies.  i can eat 2 cups of loosely packed salad with some protein. i think i can eat more than some, so i watch my calories and weigh and measure everything.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

happyteacher
on 11/16/13 6:58 am

I think you will find a very wide range of answers- you should include a reference to the bougie size, as that changes the final capacity to a degree.  I am up in the 40's somewhere...

I can eat 3 ounces or so of steak, a small salad, and a bit of cooked veggies at one time. This is not overeating, but pretty darn full.    Carbs slide- I could do a larger quantify if it was all carbs.  Dense protein, if I dropped the veggies and tried to replace the amount with additional dense protein I couldn't  do it.  My capacity has been steady from about where you are now, and I am currently 23 months out. 

I asked my doctor explicitly about stretching the stomach from overeating, and the answer was not going to happen.  I have had periods of several days where I totally fell off the wagon and it seemed my capacity skyrocketed.  But, it was from overdoing carbs- I can get more of that down if that is all I am eating.  Once I clean up my eating my restriction is identical to where it was prior to falling off the wagon.  Not that I am advocating overeating!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

frisco
on 11/16/13 7:58 am

At over 4 years out...... 2-3oz. dense protein and some veggies.

Regardless of what some people say...... the sleeve can stretch..... not only in diameter, but it can elongate also. Think about it..... it's human tissue.... not steel, and even steel stretches .....

It takes repeated over eating to stretch a sleeve. Larger sleeves "can" stretch more, because more stretchy tissue is retained.

The eventual capacity range for the VSG seems to be from about 3oz. to 12oz. That is a huge range when you consider that 100cals over your balance point everyday for a year is a 10lbs. gain.

That's why it is very important for us to "under eat" our sleeve capacity so we can retain restriction for the long haul......

You have lost great !!! Congrats !!!!

Just fine tune your eating a bit and your golden !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sonia29
on 11/16/13 8:09 am, edited 11/16/13 8:13 am

I can only eat 3 to 4oz of dense protein per meal max. I never have enough space for veggies:(

I'm 10 months out with 34.9/35 bougie.

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

frisco
on 11/16/13 8:23 am

Some ones ticker moved again !!!!

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sonia29
on 11/16/13 9:50 am, edited 11/16/13 9:52 am

:) I had to do something drastic!!!!!!

Eating around 650 calories max and I started to lose again:)

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

frisco
on 11/16/13 10:39 am
On November 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM Pacific Time, sonia29 wrote:

:) I had to do something drastic!!!!!!

Eating around 650 calories max and I started to lose again:)

Secret....... I did the same thing...... it gets ugly.......

frisco

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

starry957
on 11/16/13 9:40 am

Thanks so much...yes, need to fine tune again....

Appreciate the info everyone!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views