Off my Game

claimmaster
on 11/18/13 2:47 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I have been off my game plan since my hip went out on me a couple of weeks ago.  I was in a rhythm of eating and exercising that was working great for me, and the pounds were falling off.  Once I couldn't exercise anymore, my eating also fell off track.  I'm not eating awful or anything, just more than I should be.  I need to find a new plan to get on for now while the docs work on my hip.  I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks, and it's totally my fault.  I do better during the week while I have the structure from work.  I have NOT been sticking to eating at my assigned times, and I am working very hard today to get back to that...no excuses.  I am also fighting the urge to "punish myself" and call myself "bad" for what's been happening the last few weeks.  I'm not bad, I'm just off track and struggling to get back on.  I'm human and I need to remind myself of that more often.  I'm a perfectionist, which can be a real hard ideal to reach.  I'm working on finding the kinder and gentler me.  But I also need to get serious about this.  I am REALLY liking my new body, and am looking forward to it getting thinner and feeling even better.  I have "thin" in my sights, and I don't want to lose that.  Thanks for the support I get every day from all of you.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

The_True_KayD
on 11/18/13 3:10 am

In your post you already had the answer. Be kinder to yourself. Just take each day and break it down to each meal. Break it down to very small steps. That will give you the momentum. My eating has been off. When I have these situations I take a step back and evaluate why I am doing what I am doing. I learn a great deal from my mistakes. This is a learning process. When you are learning you can make mistakes! That perfectionist thing is something that I dropped a few years ago. I realized that I was missing out on great learning experiences by having a complete focus on being perfect. You not loosing weight is NOT YOUR TOTAL FAULT. Our bodies will do what it wants to do and our emotions and challenges can derail us a bit. I learn from the "derailing". I am over 50 and have had my share of mistakes. Those mistakes are like blocks that I can use to build my foundation on. I have made plenty of mistakes so I have a very big and strong foundation to build my house of success on! 

I view this journey as taking a trip in my car. I may take a wrong turn. Do I continue on that wrong turn beating myself up for taking the wrong turn OR do I just run around and get back on the right route? My trip is not a failure. I just learned that I won't take that wrong turn again! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

claimmaster
on 11/18/13 3:14 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Thanks for that.  I guess I don't even realize when I'm not being so kind to myself sometimes, do I!  Yes, I will figure this out.  It's just taken me 3 weeks to even really realize how off my game I'd gotten.  Yup, taking a U-Turn and getting back on the highway!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

SteveWebb
on 11/18/13 3:12 am - NC

I've been off track too.  I haven't had surgery yet but I've gained back most of my initial weight loss.  I have appt. #5 later this week and then will only have one diet class and one more Doctor appt. to go to before I see the surgeon.  I have come back to this site to re-motivate myself and picked up an 80 piece bag of SF gum last night.  Hang in there and keep coming here for support and hopefully we'll all reach our goals at some point.

claimmaster
on 11/18/13 3:16 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I've been living on this site since I first got here in February, I think.  It's been my savior and guide through so much.  I don't plan on ever leaving it.  It's been so very important in my journey.

The weightloss will become much, much easier after your surgery.  I don't feel defeated like I would have before.

Jane

Renee3737
on 11/18/13 3:33 am
VSG on 08/20/13

Please, do not beat yourself up. You can get back on track, I know this is easier said then done. I got a stress fracture on my right foot and have been unable to do my daily walking. I have to remind myself that exercising  is important but what I eat is more Important, I can not out run what passed my lips. So, just focus on the new you and how you want to be "thin". Believe me, we need each other through all the difficulties we will face on this awesome journey!!

HW: 318.6  SW: 303.6  CW: 184.5 (6/02/14)

claimmaster
on 11/18/13 3:36 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Thanks for reminding me that the food is more important for weight loss than the exercise is.  It just felt so good!  LOL  I will not stray.  I will not stray.  I will not stray!

Jane

Spencerella
on 11/18/13 4:17 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Previous poster beat me to it but I do want to repeat and emphasize that exercise has virtually nothing to do with weight loss if you are partaking at 'normal' levels of an hour or less at a time. If you were exercising more, it is rarely sustainable over the longer term for a variety of reasons (injury, time constraints, etc).  

So now is the time to clean up your food plan. Specifically, be stingy with your calories, generous with your DENSE protein and stingy with your carbs. This formula kills head hunger and hastens your time to goal. Go for it!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

claimmaster
on 11/18/13 4:49 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

Yeah, I've got a good food plan, and I was losing great on it.  I was just feeling so good from the exercising and it all felt like part of the process, ya know?  When one went, it all started sliding.  Well, it's back on the most important part, the eating.

I have a hiking trip in Italy planned for next fall, and I think that got me anxious, too.  Just trying to figure out what the stressors were so I can deal with them.

Jane

linzeelee
on 11/18/13 4:48 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Jane, I am sorry your hip problem has thrown you off your game. I understand how upsetting it can be when your body does not cooperate physically with what you want it to do. It's maddening and it messes with your head. I hope your hip is nothing too serious and that it heals quickly.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views