Help me make my menu!!

alicia0206
on 11/20/13 7:59 am

Hey everyone... 

I am 8 days post op and am sooooo looking forward to my puree/baby food/ smoothie stage in 6 days... so I am trying to figure out what exactly I can have and also recipes for smoothies that are really yummy, and awesome stuff to puree... I do not like bananas. Anything you can tell me would be helpful... Thank you!!!! 

tysmom01
on 11/20/13 8:13 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

I lived on refried beans! Mixed in a little cheese and plain greek yogurt. Delish!! I also used a few recipes from theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com. Its an awesome webpage with lots of info from a WLS vet! Good luck to you!

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

G5x5
on 11/20/13 9:47 am - VA

I tend to believe homemade smoothies are a dangerous trap.  You think you're putting in all the good stuff and before you know it you've packed a massive calorie and carb load into a small amount of liquid that's way to easy to digest.

My advice is grin and bear it for the weeks it takes to move on to solids.

I used albacore tuna out of pouches and cans.  Each 3 ounce portion has like 18 grams of protein and none of the bad stuff.  Do that three times a day and have an egg, any way you like it, for breakfast.  If you do this it solves two problems.  First, eating the four meals every 3-4 hours keeps you from getting hungry. Second, with the three fish meals plus eggs in the morning you'll get all the protein you need without using shakes or protein additives.  That will keep hunger away also.

Two weeks of this does get bland and tiring but it works.   You can mix in a few veggies and chess and stuff as the calorie and carbs allow.  I also added some spice to the tuna experimenting during the whole two weeks.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views