I have no clothes to wear!

megan.sherman
on 11/21/13 10:10 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

I am also in the same boat.  I almost walked myself out of my pants yesterday because they are so big!

I went shopping last night at Kmart for jeans.  When I started, I was a size 32 pants and now I fit in a 22.  I haven't had surgery yet so I am reluctant to buy many clothes.  I plan on going thrift shopping this weekend.  We live in rural PA and I have not had much success in Salvation Army finding larger size clothes.

Congrats to you all on your weight loss and success!

Tracy D.
on 11/21/13 10:14 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've spent a small fortune on clothes before I discovered Goodwill (especially for work pants) and thredup.com.   It's a great thrift store website with high quality stuff - and you can return it if you don't like it!   Check it out....

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gail D.
on 11/22/13 12:08 am

This is a good problem to have! :-)

I've been rolling and pinning the waists of my work pants for weeks now. :-) I have smaller pants from "back when" that I'm almost into... and then I have the stuff I'm trying to wear now, which are two sizes larger. I'm in that between size, but I only have one pair of slacks in that size. Like you said, I can't wear them every day, so I pin.

Another 10 pounds and I'll be in the smaller size. So, I just keep pinning. And I keep a basket in my room. As I put on something that is just way too big, I fold it and put it in the basket for donation.

When I get frustrated with clothes not fitting because they are too big, I remind myself of how sick it used to make me feel when I'd try on something and couldn't wear it because I'd gotten too big for it. Then I don't mind so much. :-)

Enjoy the victory.

Gail D.
on 11/22/13 12:12 am

I haven't signed up yet because I haven't had to yet, I had enough "when I was smaller" clothes to last me a bit, but I think this place is a great idea:

www.GwynnieBee.com

You 'rent' clothes, and when you're done -- or they get too big -- send them back and get the next size down, especially if you like the style.

waiting2bme
on 11/22/13 12:14 am

Have to agree with the others   goodwill  buy them wear them then donate back and repeat!!  Saves tons I also hind some great stuff at flea markets

ltljennjenn
on 11/22/13 4:51 am

At your next Bariatric appointment suggest to the office that they start a clothing exchange. We have one in our office and the patients love it. They bring in their clothes of all sizes (donate them) and take the sizes they need. Works out great during the rapid weight loss months.

ltljennjennkiss

ck9779
on 11/22/13 5:39 am
VSG on 12/11/13

What an awesome problem to have!!! If you have a Ros**** their clearance rack. gwenibee.com can be expensive. Hit up the clearance sections of clothing websites.

I was itching to buy some clothes so I went to Ross and bought an outfit for $20 size 18 jeans for $9 and a 2x blouse for $11. I am in a size 32. Fingers crossed I will get to wear them next year.

I like the idea of a clothing exchange!

linzeelee
on 11/22/13 5:58 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

You look fabulous in your red dress! That sucks that you don't have a good thrift store. I suggest hitting the clearance racks at places like Walmart and Kmart if you've got those. My favorite way of acquiring clothes is scoring hand-me-downs from friends who are losing weight.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

movis
on 11/22/13 10:35 pm
VSG on 07/16/13

Stephanie,

I like GwinnieBee for clothing rental like netflix!  Fashionable clothes that are easy to try to put in the return mail. Comes with a return mailer and all you do is drop the item and seal the bag. They send another one as soon as you tell them the old oboe is on its way.  You can choose how many at a time.  They have one month free for 3 items at a time.  

Congrats!

Maureen

Movis   HW: 341,  Surgeon Consult: 333,  SW: 300,  CW: 195

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views