swollen

megsmatilda
on 11/21/13 8:13 pm
So is it.common to.weight more.after surgery due to gas/swollen etc? I had surgery on the 18th...had to remove adhesions.and did the sleeve. First real meal (cream soup) was last night. Only could eat three -5 teaspoons full...sipped on water, g2 and protien shakes ...any clue to y I weigh more than at time of surgery??? Thinking of finding a personal trainer as well. .anyone used one?
mkvand
on 11/21/13 8:20 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Yes, it is common to weigh more because of all the fluids they pump in through the IV.  It's water weight, so you'll pee it out soon enough.

puffierus
on 11/21/13 9:56 pm - PA

I weighed 10 extra pounds two days after surgery when I got home this first thing I did was weigh myself. You can color me shocked after going thru all that and GAINED !!! I would suggest waiting a week before weighing

good luck

HW 268   SW219   CW 181.2 surgery date 10/31/2013

:<span class=

Gail D.
on 11/22/13 12:14 am

You'll hear it again and again... common. Fluids, retention, all that. Give it a couple more days and it'll be better. Swelling will go down, all that.

mickeymantle
on 11/22/13 1:19 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it is all the iv fluids and water retention , the CO2 gas weights almost nothing , in about a week it wall all drop off and you will have a big weight loss

sounds like your doing great with the eating and drinking ,make shore your getting your 65 oz of liquid that is most important at this time

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

FindingMyWeigh
on 11/22/13 3:55 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I gained 8lbs in fluids after surgery. It came off within a week. As far as a personal trainer and exercise, my surgeon has me doing only walking until I am 4 weeks post op (I'm at week 3 now). The entry scars looked healed on the outside but I'm still healing on the inside. They weren't kidding about that weight restriction either..I have a 20lb weight restriction and like an idiot I blew it off and grabbed a 42lb bundle of cat litter. I could totally feel pressure on the inside and instantly put it down. Follow your surgeons advice about exercise..it will benefit you in the long run on this journey~

megsmatilda
on 11/22/13 4:00 am
Ya walked short part of mall today. Came home took tylenol gonna nap after I drink some g2
megsmatilda
on 11/22/13 4:01 am
What type of cream soups do u.eat??
playgirl
on 11/22/13 11:06 am - boston, MA
VSG on 11/19/13

i'm glad to read these replies.  i'm post op day 3.  i weighed yesterday when i came home from the hospital and then again today and was 7 lbs over surgery weight both days.  i guess i'll wait until a week post-op as folks have suggested before weighing again.  my hands, feet and stomach are quite swollen.

highest weight: 350; surgery weight: 339; doc's goal: 230; my goal: 150

weight loss:  pre-op: -11  M1: -19.2  M2: -9.4  M3: -7.2  M4:

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views