Did some Labwork

mmmesser
on 11/22/13 1:33 pm

So I got my fasting lab work back (I had my VSG on Aug. 5, 2013).  Everything is GREAT!  My good cholesterol could stand some work but overall, I am doing AWESOME!  I got it done because I get worn out easy (still).  I walk a lot of stairs in a day and it just takes it out of me.  I work in a hospital so doctors tell me I'm not getting near enough calories to have a lot of energy so if my bloodwork came back good that I might consider upping my calories (I get between 500 - 700 on an average day).  Probably on the higher end of that most days.  I obviously get my fluids and protein and vitamins in sufficiently.  Do yoga and walking and just stay active as best I can.  I even ate a lot at dinner (I almost over did it and now realize that when I go out to eat and get the cheese plate that I HAVE to cut my portion of cheese out from the beginning or it will creep up on me and it is not good).  I think for now I am going to keep on with what I have going for me and just keep doing my best.  Just very excited to know that my B vitamins and Calcium and D vitamins are doing so well and my protein levels are good along with kidney functioning.

mkvand
on 11/22/13 5:14 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Congrats, that's great news!  Just out of curiosity, what does your vitamin regime look like?

mmmesser
on 11/23/13 4:41 am

As soon as I wake up I take a Bariatric Multi-vitamin (only one time a day).  Then after a couple of hours I take a Calcium Citrate chew with Vitamin D.  Then after lunch at some point I do another chew.  Then after dinner, another chew and a sublingual B12 and a B1 (the B1 I do like every other day).  My protein powders have stuff in them too (like Potassium and different things).  I drink 2 protein drinks a day (so about 48 grams altogether).  I eat a bit of vegetables in a day and some grains (like low fat triscuits with a small salad with a bit of grilled chicken and low fat cheese).  Hope this helps.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views