6 Weeks Today

jenamir21
on 11/25/13 4:02 am
VSG on 10/14/13

Hey Everyone, it has been awhile since I have posted. I just wanted to share a quick update, that today I am 6 weeks out from surgery. This journey has not been easy, but I am so happy and thankful  for my sleeve. I started out at 315 and now I am down to 265. I feel so much better about life and I cant wait until the rest of this weight falls out. I will say this that I am able to eat a little bit more compared to 3 weeks ago of course. I am constantly hungry like every 2 or 3 hours or so I am nibbling on food. I still dont eat much when I do eat, no where near what I use to eat before surgery.

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

fat_chance
on 11/25/13 5:07 am - NY

IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU HUNNY, IM GLAD EVERYTHING WENT WELL FOR U. IT IS DEFINITELY A PROCESS, YOU ARE GETTING TO KNOW YOUR BODY AGAIN. I AM TWO MONTHS OUT AND HAVE ONLY LOST 20 LBS SINCE SUREGRY. BUT I LOST 43 ON MY PRE OP DIET..... IM HAPPY THAT IM CONTINUING TO LOSE WHETHER IT IS SLOW OR NOT. THE SCALE CAN BE TEMPTING BUT TRY NOT TO WEIGH YOURSELF TOO OFTEN, MAYBE ONCE A WEEK AND MAKE SURE IT IS IN THE MORNING. I HAVE GOTTEN TO THE POINT THAT I DONT CARE WHAT THE SCALE SAYS, I CAN SEE THAT IM LOSING INCHES AND IVE LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT IN MY FACE. SOUNDS LIKE UR DOING GREAT GIRL!! i CANT WAIT TO SEE PICS :)

G5x5
on 11/25/13 5:23 am - VA

I think we had/have similar food impulses.  I solved the problem by intentionally eating 4 meals a day spaced 3-4 hours apart and drinking water constantly between the meals (except for the 1/2 hour rule).  As long as I stick to that plan I get no hunger which means I never snack.

Not sure what plan you're using but wanted to pass that on as food for thought if it helps any.  I started out for a few days doing the traditional 3x meals a day and that didn't work as well.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Most Active