Howdy...

Sherra O.
on 11/26/13 6:49 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

I'm a bander from 2007 that lost 99lbs in 6mths, then found out I was pregnant. Two kids and 7 years later, I'm on the road to a Band Revision to VSG. The band doesn't work correctly after its bee completely unfilled and pregnancy paid a toll on it. So I'm getting rid of this finicky b*tch and getting a new best friend, hopefully in the Spring of 2014. I have to start all over at the beginning. I've regained 50 of the lbs I lost back between the two pregnancies. I'm in the process of my 6 mths of nutrition guided diet and then the psych eval.

I'll be glad when Its surgery day. I'm good with my tool. I got dealt a bad hand several years ago. I don't regret my kids one bit, but I sure wish I had known it would ruin all the hard work i had put in. I would have waited on the band.

So i'm here. Cautiously. When I was on the board 7 years ago, it was full of high school pettiness. I'm hoping that has gone to the wayside, as i could use the support again.

Gail D.
on 11/26/13 6:54 am

Haven't been here long, but haven't seen any pettiness. :-)

Here's a thought, though... without having the band in 2007, you might not have had the 2 children you do. It's tought to get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy when you're overweight. So it might have been the tool you needed at the time. :-)

Sherra O.
on 11/26/13 7:00 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

Thanks for the update on the pettiness.

I wish that were the case on the second comment. This was baby 3 & 4. I have never had a problem getting pregnant. And I don't hate my band. But I've been in the hospital because of it twice and don't care for the constant readjusting that has to happen. it was great in the beginning, but now it doesn't work at all and just causes problems. neither here nor there. I'm on a new journey and excited about it.

themexcellentone
on 11/26/13 7:14 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Welcome! I see you are a fellow Texan. :) Hope your path to a sleeve is smooth and that you're able to get scheduled soon.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

butterfly3851
on 11/26/13 12:08 pm - TX

Wishing you the best of luck!! Dr. Collier did both my husband's & my VSG before he retired this summer. We couldn't be happier!

Sherra O.
on 11/27/13 3:28 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 07/07/14

He was amazing! I just wish he was still around to do my revision. I trusted him a LOT!

Most Active