Sleeved and finally at home!

Jwin8787
on 11/27/13 1:49 am - Canada
VSG on 11/21/13

I had my surgery last Thursday in Michigan (I was self-pay) and everything went really smoothly. I think I was so nervous about making it through surgery that I didn't anticipate how hard the first few days post op would be. But now that I'm back home in Canada, I'm so relieved and happy I did it! My flight home yesterday (a total of 8 hours) wasn't the best given I'd just had surgery but the whole time I was feeling so proud of myself for taking this huge step, and excited that the next time I'm on a plane my seat belt will actually fit...and at some point I might actually have room in that seat to fly comfortably. 

I'm down 12 pounds since surgery, 22 pounds total and I'm so grateful for my new lease on life!

Tracy D.
on 11/27/13 4:22 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congratulations!  So many hurdles you've already overcome...and now you're going to really start seeing it pay off.  Welcome to the loser's bench :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/13 5:01 am

Congratulations and welcome to the Loser's Bench! kiss

I wish you much luck and a very speedy recovery!

Jwin8787
on 11/27/13 7:24 am - Canada
VSG on 11/21/13

Thank you so much!

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/13 8:42 am - Canada

That's so awesome!  I'm Canadian too and am curious why you went self-pay? If you don't mind sharing.

Praying for a easy recovery for you!  God bless.

Jwin8787
on 11/28/13 3:58 am - Canada
VSG on 11/21/13

Hi Kekosmom,

The wait is like 1-2 years and I just figured since I had the cash I should just get it out of the way and get on to getting healthy. I feel very lucky to have been able to do it so quickly. I'd been thinking about it for over a year but when I finally made the decision I booked the surgery and was there 5 weeks later. I'm glad I did it now, but my bank account isn't as exciting haha! Thanks for your prayers, I'm feeling better everyday.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views