My Plan

mdusha
on 11/27/13 7:41 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

So it's bright and early Thanksgiving morning. Yesterday, we prepped most of the food for today as we will have nearly 20 people here at the house. In my final moments before bed last evening, I considered today.

Last year, the day after Thanksgiving was the day I had to begin my pre-op liquid diet. This year, I'm at goal, and intent on maintaining. Because most of the food for the holiday isn't up to me, the table will be laden with all the carb-coma inducing white "vegetables" one might expect at Thanksgiving. I, however, am fixing sprouts and a few other safer foods.

So last night, I made my plan. I've already logged in MFP my breakfast and Thanksgiving "lunch" meal...leaving me plenty of calories for later in the day. I think I was realistic and am allowing myself a nice balance of healthy foods (read: yummy roast turkey), along with a few planned nibbles so I don't feel deprived.

in addition to making the sprouts and some butternut squash, I also purchased 100 calorie packs of mixed almonds and walnuts. I don't often eat nuts, but I love them, and I figured the packs would help me measure and portion instead of just randomly dipping my hand in the nut bowls that will be sat around the house today.

Holidays are filled with food that evoke memories and warmth. I dare not deny this and thereby set myself up for failure. Instead, I will meet it head on with good planning.

THAT, my friends, is my plan. What's yours?

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

jubjub
on 11/27/13 8:07 pm - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

For a variety of reasons our family is spending T-Day at a restaurant today.  I think that's great as it means limited contact time with food, no grazing for hours; before, during and after the meal - we eat and go and that's it.  I never have a problem with a "meal" - it's grazing for me, so the restaurant is a perfect compromise.  

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

frisco
on 11/27/13 8:36 pm

****Maintenance Plan for "me"

Just weighed...... 148.2lbs.

Gonna have an 80cal Greek yogurt around noon......

Walk my niece and nephews dog for an hour.......

Gives me about 1300 calories to work with for Thanksgiving to come out a push......

(note to self..... just cause I will have 1300 cals to work with..... doesn't mean I have to.......)

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

cdnarcisse
on 11/27/13 9:12 pm

First of all, Congrats to you for reaching your goal!!! I'm 6 weeks out of surgery and my plan is to keep it low carb. I'm having turkey, green beans (no cream/cheese), gumbo (I'm from New Orleans) without rice & I made a pumpkin tart with Truvia. Even though I'm limited to 4 teaspoons of food, I will try to stay away from the "Carb Coma" foods at my house!! Good luck & Happy Thanksgiving!! 

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/13 12:37 am

Well, I'm off to the gym in 30 minutes for a workout. Will come home have breakfast (2 eggs) and that ought to hold me until our late afternoon/early evening dinner. If it doesn't Greek yogurt is the planned snack. Dinner will be turkey and brussels sprouts. I have also made a sugar free pumpkin custard for my dessert. Hoping to enjoy that while everybody is carbing out!

mdusha
on 11/28/13 1:00 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Good plan! I just did a 45 min 4.0mph walk in the lovely brisk weather. I figure the exercise will help shore me up! 

Good deal starting at the gym!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

megan.sherman
on 11/28/13 3:02 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I am working today and when I get home it's just me, the hubs and our son.  Hopefully, I can get home and walk the dog before it gets dark.

I told my husband yesterday that I have no desire for a huge Thanksgiving spread since it's just the three of us.  Though I am grieving for green bean casserole and stuffing, we are having asparagus, baked potatoes and a very small prime rib. 

I am having my surgery in March so I am prepping myself for my 2 week liquid diet by replacing my breakfast with a protein shake and had a Lean Cuisine for lunch.

Have a very blessed Thanksgiving, everyone.

Most Active