On Q Pump

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 11/29/13 2:41 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

Did any of you go home with an On Q pump?  Mine is still deflating, but I'm worried about when it's fully deflated and I will need to take it out- did blood splatter everywhere?  I'm having horror movie scene scenarios playing in my head...

Mrs_Desire _
on 11/29/13 2:50 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13
I didn't go home with mine but it was no blood splatter. Actually the removal of tape was the worse part. Didn't think I had hair on my belly. Lol

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

themexcellentone
on 11/29/13 7:12 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Yes, and taking the catheter out didn't hurt and it didn't bleed. You will be okay. :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Ms_J
on 11/29/13 12:20 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

My husband took mine out for me. It was actually quite amusing because I had to talk him into it. He was terrified of hurting me. However, taking it out ended up being a piece of cake.

He poured alcohol over a cotton ball and just gently went around the area to dissolve the adhesive while slowing peeling back the clear tape as he went along. It took him about 2 or 3 minutes. Once the tape was off, the tube slid right out without any effort. The end of the tube itself was dark red from the coagulated blood (so don't let that scare you if yours is too)) but the needle wound wasn't bleeding at all. He just put a bandaid on it and I was good to go. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views