Pre-op diet day one

mkvand
on 12/23/13 5:16 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

sucked.  When I read that starting the liquid diet can cause headaches, I wasn't expecting a full blown migraine.  And of course I had no migraine meds with me at work.  I had to come home early and spend four quality hours curled up in a dark room.  Also, I am now out of imitrex.  On the plus side, the nausea is making me less hungry. 

I ordered a bunch of protein samples in preparation.  Today I had the unjury chocolate splendor, syntrax peanut butter cookie, and syntrax vanilla bean torte.  I was not impressed with any of them.  I hope some of the other flavors are better.  If not, I'm seriously tempted to just switch to drinking milk.  It's eight grams of protein a cup, so I only need nine cups a day to meet my protein goals. 

I really, really hope people are telling the truth when they say it gets better after the first three days.

pharmagirl_45
on 12/23/13 10:54 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
I hope it gets better for you. I have to start next Monday but I'm off until Jan 6 so I can be miserable at home! Lol

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

mkvand
on 12/24/13 7:02 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I'm off today and tomorrow for Christmas, so if the three day thing is true I'll be ok for work on Thursday.  If not, I feel bad for my coworkers.

Smile99
on 12/23/13 11:59 pm
VSG on 01/07/14

Me TOO! My day 1 was yesterday on pre-op diet.  Protein shakes and no coffee. I was awesome in the am with tea and surprised how easy it was... Then 1pm came around and I was crabby and had a terrible headache until I finally fell asleep last night. One thing that did help mix it up was a little chicken broth at night. I also have to say that I LOVE my protein shakes so that helps and I only mix them with water. Ready for day three :)

luvbskts
on 12/24/13 12:40 am

The ONLY protein drink that I can tolerate is GNC's ready to drink Lean 25, 25g protein, 6 carbs, and 170 calories.

mkvand
on 12/24/13 7:03 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I need to make a trip to GNC to try their RTD shakes.  I live in a small town, so no GNC, and even our walmart doesn't have many of the shakes I see mentioned here.  Everything I have I ordered on-line, and it's all powder because they're much cheaper to buy and ship.

Most Active