First time post-op of slow weight loss

mmmesser
on 12/24/13 1:09 am

So...I only lost a half pound in a week.  Although I must say that I dropped like 4 the week previous so I anticipated a slow week.  Also, constipation issues are not helping.  I have been out of town for a few days for the holiday and didn't bring my 'bathroom medicine' so...I have to play catch up to that for a while.  Bathroom time is not going to be fun I anticipate.

I have not had any changes in my protein, fluids, diet regimen.  I have also not had a week where I haven't lost some weight since surgery (almost 5 months).  I did check my measurements...just very small changes in two features (hips and chest). 

I am less than 4 lbs away from being under 200 and it's like watching water boil to get the scale to show that!  I think my body has been over 200 for so long that it's fighting to stay above that mark.  I am just going to keep on pushing through til that scale says 196, then I am going to announce to the world that I am securely under the 200 mark.

Happy Holidays and Well Wishes!

Spencerella
on 12/24/13 3:35 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

You're doing great!  Try not to worry and just stay the course. The scale will reward you again soon :-)

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Bufflehead
on 12/24/13 4:09 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I can totally relate, I have been hovering over 200 for the past couple of weeks and the weight is coming off soooo slowwwllyyy right now. I have to stay off the scale for a little over a week (traveling) and I am hopeful that when I get back home I'll see a number starting with a one. Good luck to both of us!

mmmesser
on 12/24/13 4:38 am

Definitely, Good Luck to both of us! 

Nancybefree
on 12/24/13 5:19 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I know you said your fluids haven't changed, but have you increased sodium by any chance?  Given the travel you've done I wonder if your sodium increased and is causing you to retain fluid?  You will probably also see some progress once you return to regular(ity). 

Hang in there!  Looking forward to that announcement, which is a major SV!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

mmmesser
on 12/24/13 5:23 am

I hadn't thought about sodium...but YES!  A definite probability.  Good to keep that in mind.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views