favorite protein coffee

brynn3
on 1/7/14 9:36 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

What's everyone's favorite protein coffee and how do you make it?  Can any be warmed up?  Thinking I need to replace my morning coffee with a protein coffee.  Thanks for the help.

Brandy

Scribbler
on 1/7/14 9:42 am

This is a cold recipe but I like my iced coffees, so...

(feel free to change quantities to suit you, I'm pre-op!)

1c almond milk, Trader Joe's vanilla unsweetened

1/2c or to taste Trader Joe's cold brew coffee concentrate (I very scientifically dump some in. Yeah.)

1 scoop vanilla shake mix.

I have a thing for unsweetened or lightly sweet iced coffee drinks and gave up soda, plus the doc wants me drinking all this protein stuff, so this is my new morning beverage. 100-150 calories or thereabouts depending on how much milk you use.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

brynn3
on 1/7/14 9:45 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

Thanks Scribbler, I'll have to give it a try.   I figure I'm getting nothing out of my morning cup of coffee and with the really cold weather I've been drinking more.

Brandy

lena F.
on 1/7/14 9:48 am
VSG on 01/07/13

I've been mixing instant coffee with my protein shakes. i havent tried warm though. only iced,

jujubslim
on 1/7/14 10:02 am
VSG on 03/17/14
I'm still pre op but I was testing coffee drinks or alternatives for after surgery. I've been adding a scoop of french vanilla whey protein and 2 tablespoons of sugar free French vanilla creamer. I stir it with a whisk and it gets a little foamy. Ta-da! A protein latte. And it tastes great too
princesswimmer24
on 1/7/14 10:37 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I do the click mocha protein powder. I order it on Amazon. I do mine iced, but you can heat it up and there are different recipes for flavored coffees and such. It has been the only protein shake that I could hold down since surgery 5 months ago.

brynn3
on 1/7/14 10:42 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

Thanks guys,  I might order some of the click mocha while I'm ordering my vitamins.  I hate the chewable celebrate vitamins, so I'm going to get the bariatric advantage french vanilla.

Brandy

bikerchickk
on 1/7/14 10:52 am - Sequim, WA

I am 4 years out. I have been drinking my coffee with EAS Myoplex chocolate fudge ready to drink protein drink form walmart. It is like a mocha latte. I just make my coffee really strong. Then add half coffee half protein drink. Sometimes i will go get a coffee out and just tell them to put 2 shots at the bottom of a tall cup and add my Myoplex. Tastes great. I cannot stand protein powders.

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

brynn3
on 1/7/14 11:08 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

That sounds really good.  My hardest thing is I like a lot of cream with my coffee.  I can't keep doing that, need an alternative.  This may be a new go to.  Thanks,

Brandy

bikerchickk
on 1/7/14 11:53 am - Sequim, WA

I like using the ready to drink in my coffee because it can be reheated and if you heat protein powder it is nasty, pretty nasty to me any ways. Also since surgery I am lactose intolerant and if I use all those sugar free sweeteners I get bad carb cravings and no one needs that. The myoplex makes my coffee sweet enough and gives me 21 g of carb if I use half a protein drink (must use a tall coffee cup). So 2 cups of this is 42g of protein and 300 calories. I have half my protein for the day and my coffee fix

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views