5 months out and Stalling

socalleddiva
on 1/8/14 11:30 pm

I'm 5 months out my procedure.  I'm down 58lbs and I'm stalling.  I've haven't lost anymore than 3 lbs in the last 2 months.  I'm working out 3+ times a week.  I'm not going crazy with my eating at all.  I'm just keeping dropping and adding the same 3 lbs.  My doctors appointment is next week and I have nothing to show for all my work.  Is this normal?  Has anyone gone through this and how did you get over it?  I'm only 30 lbs from my goal.  i just want to get there.

So Called Diva 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/8/14 11:40 pm, edited 1/8/14 11:40 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I am just going to let you know if you want any good advice you need to add what do you eat on daily basis, how much water do you drink, and what are your workouts. You may also want to add if you are tracking your food. Then the vets can help you better.

socalleddiva
on 1/8/14 11:59 pm

I have at least 2 protein shakes a day and at least 80 grams of protein.  I hardly go over 1000 calories and track them.  I do Small group work out once a week, other classes as well and cardio up to 2x.  I've only been working out regularly for 1 month.  I'm not drinking as much as i should but I've increased greatly.  At least 30 oz a day.  I know i should drink more but I've had a hard time getting it down.  I definitely have a sweet tooth but I don't go crazy.  But i could definitely cut down but the less i lose the more i get upset and want to eat more sweets.  As everyone knows they go down easier.

So Called Diva 

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/9/14 1:05 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Oh! If water is HARD to get down.... like it feels rough.... My dietician told us to add a pinch of SALT to the water to soften the water.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

socalleddiva
on 1/9/14 1:26 am

thanks everyone.  I will have to just buckle down the next week and stay on point until i can get over these sugar cravings.  I will definitely increase my water and reduce my carbs and track no matter what.  I've also looked up the nearest meeting for Overeaters Anonymous.  I need to get help with the reason why i stress eat.  

So Called Diva 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/9/14 12:13 am
VSG on 12/06/12

You are very low on water. You should shoot for at least 64 ounces day and that is the bare minimum. Shoot for 100 ounces. Just sip, sip, sip. Also when you only have 30 pounds to lose it gets much harder. This is when you bring in the big guns in exercise. I will let the others who know more about that chime in. At 5 months you should be almost healed and able to drink much more water. I drink two gallons a day and all by sip, sip, sip. I wish you luck. Also look for "sweets" that are healthy. Maybe sugar free pudding?

frisco
on 1/9/14 12:20 am

It is very common for the situation you described........

Your going to have to cut calories and increase fluids. (my opinion)

I personally wouldn't listen to the people that will say to increase calories.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Luvs2Cruise
on 1/9/14 2:41 pm, edited 1/9/14 2:47 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

Seriously, I would follow Frisco's advice.

I am 4 months out and only eat between 350-500 calories a day.  I weigh, measure and record everything. I get in 80-100 grams of protein and a minimum of 84 oz of fluids.  I keep my carbs under 20.  I do water aerobics 3 times a week.  I am consistently losing.  I refuse to sabotage myself by eating things not on my plan or not nutritionally "best" for me.  So, for example, I haven't eaten SF pudding since the first week after surgery,  Yeah, it would fix the sweets I craved early on, (not anymore) but I'm not willing to ingest that many carbs just for a sweets "rush".   I no longer let food control me.   With the help of my sleeve, I, now control food. :)  I don 't need to reward myself with a "food treat" for staying on plan.  My reward is watching that scale move on down.  It is all about the choices I decide to make.

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/9/14 12:25 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

I am a newbie but I am just coming out of a 3 week stall. What I did was upped my protein and fluids. I try to drink lemon water all day (with a package of truvia to break some of the soar taste) and tea at night. I am snacking on nuts. I just started eating almonds. I try to also eat some type of protein/no carb before bed. On the "sweets" try the atkins treats. I mostly focus on LOW CARB/ HIGH PROTEIN. My endocrinologist suggest to me yesterday to keep a constant flow of protein going all day long to help my thyroid/ metabolism and to eat "healthy fats".

Good luck!!

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Mom_2_4
on 1/9/14 12:25 am
VSG on 05/22/13

Hi,

I would agree with the water.  64 oz is a minimum...  Also, if you're stress eating junk you might want to consider therapy.  I know I had to work on that quite a bit.  I also reverted to the three shakes and clear liquids for three days to help with the carb monster.  Most people try to stay below 800 calories and 40 gms of carbs (alot like below 20 for WL, but i can't do that!) and 80-100gms of protein.  If you up your protein you might not have room or desire to snack.  Make sure your exercise routine is changing so that your body doesn't "get used to it" after time you will be able to do the same exercise for less burned calories because of the change in your fitness level.  Good Luck....

Hope this makes sense,

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views