Checking in...it's been a while!

jenn227
on 1/10/14 4:57 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

I just passed my 9 month surgiversary in late December.  At that point, I was down 93 lbs, working out about 5 days a week (sometimes more), up to running a little over 3 miles (yes running!!) and getting into a pretty good food routine.  I did stop logging my food/exercise in MFP, though, because my job was insane, I started selling Pampered Chef again, and the holidays (insert other excuses here!).

I wound up getting sick right around NYE....I spent almost 2 weeks in bed or on my couch.  No exercise at all and found myself allowing more carbs into me than I ever eat. I also stopped taking my Miralax, and was definitely constipated (TMI sorry).  I started to get panicky.  I do NOT want to lose all of this weight, get healthy and so fit, then just throw it all out the window!!  I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks....eek!

I was able to get back to work yesterday and today, thank goodness!  I've had my protein shakes for breakfast both days and soup & a small piece of salmon for lunch yesterday, soup and 3 meatballs today.  I ate 4 breakfast sausage links for dinner last night (I was EXHAUSTED after getting through my 1st day back), but at least it was some kind of protein!  I started back on my Miralax, and made sure to get all of my vitamins in too.  Drank about 8 glasses of water yesterday & I'm already at 8 today.  Whew.  I am back down 5 lbs as of this morning, thank God!

Plugging yesterday & todays food into MFP this afternoon, it hit me that I DO have control over this. I have built up life-changing skills and I know what I have to do to lose this regain and also to get back into WL mode.  It is so easy to get out of the habit and lapse into denial and weight gain. But what a huge relief to know that I do have the tools...cut out/back on any carbs, up my protein (shakes if I need to!), up my water intake, keep myself regular, and hopefully this weekend I'll be up to at least walking.  I had a sinus infection/fever, so I cannot beat myself up because I was physically too wiped out to exercise.  My body obviously needed the rest.  The carbs, not so much!  But I'm kind of glad this happened. 

I went from being super-obsessive, all consuming tracking and just thinking about my WL, that of course I cannot keep that up (to that extent) for the rest of my life.  However, it was necessary for me to be like that those first 6 months or so, and I can now get back on MFP to trac****il I get myself back into my healthy routines again.  For the first New Year, I did not go on some kind of diet and vow to lose weight (like I did every other year).  Yes, I wanted to take off that weight regain, but my perspective has changed, too.  I don't feel like I'm on a diet.  I feel like I have changed.  I want to get back to this new way of living.  I miss my runs/workouts.  I miss not mindlessly putting food into my mouth.  I do NOT miss any carb that I ate or wish I could have more....when I get back to my balance, I know I can eat good carbs again, in extreme moderation, but that's enough to fill me and satisfy me.

Sorry this is so long.  I have missed reading everyone's posts and I'm going to spend some time "catching up".  I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy New Year, and I thank anyone who made it to the end of this LONG post lol!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/14 6:05 am - Canada

The holidays and getting sick individually will do a number on you...to deal with both...ugh!  Good for you for putting yourself back on track and not letting a bump turn into a mountain!

God bless,

debk21
on 1/10/14 7:16 am - Mansfield, TX

So much of this battle is in the mindset Jenn.  You've got this. It really feels good to get back on track, doesn't it? It's not a diet, it's they way we should be living our lives and we feel better when we do it that way. Sorry about all your challenges, but I think you're going about it the right way. Good for you and Happy New Year to you too!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Vanessa_M
on 1/11/14 11:19 am

I missed you!!!!!!

Happy New Year!  Sorry you were sick but I'm glad you are up and back to your new self. 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

linzeelee
on 1/11/14 11:46 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Welcome back, pretty lady! Isn't it great that you can fall back on those habits you built? You've got this. Glad you're getting over your illness.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views