6 weeks out today!

Susan_04
on 1/13/14 2:05 am, edited 1/13/14 2:07 am - WI

Today I am 6 weeks out and am down 58 lbs from my heaviest weight. I weighed in today at 265 with a BMI of 46.9. My heaviest was 323 with a BMI of 57.2.

This journey so far has definitely had its ups and downs emotionally. Some days I feel like I am not making progress, even though I am, and then I have to tell myself that Ive lost almost 60 lbs so far since the pre-op diet! That is awesome! Some days I feel like "Why haven't I lost more weight yet?" I am constantly reminding myself that losing this weight takes time and work and that this surgery isnt an instant cure all fix all, that this will be work to lose the weight and to maintain once I get to my goal and getting to my goal will be work and dedication just like anyone else trying to lose weight or get to a goal!!  Even though I knew all of this before surgery, it is easy to get into that mentality.

Some of my NSV's so far have been being off my blood pressure meds right after surgery, having some of my clothes be too big!!, fitting into some of my clothes that I couldn't wear anymore, having more room and fitting into seats at the movies, sports arena,etc., not getting as tired or winded from walking upstairs,etc, having more energy to keep up with my 3 yr old daughter, better sex with my hubby  who also had the sleeve and who has lost about 70 lbs so far.  Im sure there are more that I cant think of off the top of my head!

Ive also had to keep in check that even though we've had our surgeries and we are getting healthier, that doesn't mean life's issues/problems are going to disappear or resolve themselves and we still have to work on dealing with stress and life issues. I think for some people it can be easy to think that this surgery will fix all their life issues. For me food was a big go to thing for stress and my emotions. Im learning how to deal with this as Im sure most of us have had to learn how to do.

Some people think weight loss surgery is the easy way out but it definitely is work. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!  Thanks for letting me talk and record some of my feelings here! :)

Tracy D.
on 1/13/14 2:15 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congrats on making it successfully through the first 6 weeks, Susan!   I think those are definitely the most challenging weeks post-op.   Sounds like you've got things figured out and I'm excited to hear about all the NSVs you're already seeing.  Keep up the good work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Susan_04
on 1/13/14 9:14 am - WI

Thanks for the kind words!  :)  Its hard to believe its already been 6 weeks! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views