Almost 10 Months Post Surgery and WL Mode

jenn227
on 1/14/14 10:39 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

So I've lost 1/2 of my gain from the holidays/being sick for 3 weeks.  But I woke up this morning and realized that I have put myself into maintenance the last few months.  I hit 90 lbs loss in October.  I felt GOOD...I was in good habits with my food, awesome with exercise, but I was also starting to eat small portions of good carbs and drinking wine.  I was feeling good and not feeling like I was on a diet at all.  But I was still 20 lbs (now 25) from my goal.  My surgeon had said at my 6 month appt that I could be done (he never set a goal weight for me) because I look good, but to keep trying to lose for my first year. 

This morning I realized I don't want to be done yet!  I am not satisfied with this amount of weight loss, so I don't want to keep myself in maintenance.  I am still within my honeymoon phase, so I know I can do this.  My goal is to get back to WL mode for one month.  Upping my protein, upping my water, reducing carbs, NO WINE, getting back to my consistent workouts, tracking again on MFP (I have been for the last few days)  One month is nothing!  I think about the beginning of this journey and how intense it was for the first several months....1 month is totally doable.

I don't feel bad that I was in maintenance.  This is part of my journey.  I truly look at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet, and my lifestyle has changed.  I am still getting to know this new me. 

It does help so much to come back on here and regain my focus.  As always I appreciate the knowledge passed down from the vets, and I hope that my trials and tribulations might help some newbies too. 

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

ampt
on 1/15/14 12:58 am

Jenn, What date was your surgery? Congrats on continuing your journey and sharing with us!

jenn227
on 1/15/14 1:35 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Hi

3/27/13!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Shagdoll
on 1/15/14 1:31 am

Hi Jenn!

It's great to see you check back on here.  I think you've done pretty awesome.  I also am trying my best to just make this permanent liefstyle change of healthier eating.  Getting extra pounds off for me will be a plus, but I'm focusing on the moment of making better choices for the long haul. 

Congrats on all your success so far, go gurl!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

jenn227
on 1/15/14 1:37 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

You are so awesome & one of my biggest inspirations....your honesty about your journey really helped me as I started moving forward.  Of course I'm still making my own mistakes lol, but you gave us all such a realistic view of this.  You're a rock star girl!

Shagdoll
on 1/15/14 2:16 am

Jenn  

WWBD?  

edelu
on 1/15/14 3:31 am - los angeles, CA

Love you too.

Most Active