Anyone using Hemp or Meat/Egg Protein to keep it Paleo?

Mom_2_4
on 1/20/14 1:16 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

Hi,

I'm beginning to go Paleo and still use a Whey Protein Shake in the Morning (which isn't Paleo --No Dairy).  I'm wondering if anyone uses the plant based Hemp/Meat/Egg Protein.

If you do:

Do you like it?

How do you prepare it?

Do you have a preferred brand? (I was told Nutiva  Hemp was good.)

Would love to hear any ideas on going Paleo post WLS!  

Thanks,

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

acbbrown
on 1/20/14 1:22 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I'm sticking to something a long the lines of paleo - I have 2 non paleo foods I keep to make this a sustainable lifestyle (skim milk in my coffee and regular ketchup). 

Use some kind of vegan protein powder (but beware they are pretty freakish tasting in my experience). I am experimenting with putting some in a green veggie juice shake (so I don't need dairy as a base but has a thicker consistency than water). I don't think I am going to include too many shakes in my plan because Im tryin g to stick to the spirit of the paleo diet which is three meals and occassional snacks. Im able to get all my nutriton with food so it might be different for you. (If you really just want the protein...throw in liquid egg whites in your shake. Sounds gross but you can't taste it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Mom_2_4
on 1/20/14 1:51 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

Thanks!  I know I need to start thinking more whole foods and be less reliant on the shakes.  I'm still having a hard time getting to the 80gms of protein without them.   I like the idea of the egg whites though!

Thanks Again,

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

Most Active