Pre-Service Appeal Sent

Time2StartLiving1107
on 1/23/14 2:13 am - Avondale, AZ

Not sure if y'all remember my story but, I work for United Healthcare and under my policy weight loss surgery is not covered. At first the first person I walked to said there was nothing I could do about it. I told my doctor this, she told me that was a lie that I needed to call back and speak to someone else. Well after 2 months and 6 different people I finally talked to someone who told me that I can appeal this. She gave me all the inforamtion about my policy and told me my doctor needed to write a letter and fax it over. She stated there is no promise that they will approve it, but she said "between you and me, it happens" she said it never hurts to try. She advised me to make sure that my doctor wrote a really good letter and stated all the reasons why I needed to surgery. So today my doctor wrote a letter and sent it to my insurance company to appeal the surgery! I'm praying that they accept/approve it and please pray with me or wish me luck. laugh

trinoc
on 1/23/14 2:18 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Best wishes and hopes for you!!  And peace as you await the decision!!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Time2StartLiving1107
on 1/23/14 2:20 am - Avondale, AZ

Tricia,

Thank you so much, I need it lol. I feel myself stressing already.

Aquafinaflo
on 1/23/14 2:25 am
VSG on 02/18/14

I am so sorry to hear what you are going threw. My prayers are with you throughout this process. God is good, He says to ask for anything in his name and it shall be given unto you. I will continue to pray for you.Stay in good spirits.

Time2StartLiving1107
on 1/23/14 2:28 am - Avondale, AZ

Aquafinaflo-

Thank you so much, you don't know how much that means to me. Reading your message reminded me that there is no reason to worry God's got my back and everything will work out in my favor.

Aquafinaflo
on 1/23/14 3:36 am
VSG on 02/18/14

That's no problem. I am sure that you'd do the same for me. See, it's good that we can come here and share feelings of hurt, pain, discomfort, or anything in that matter here. We are all our sister and brother keepers. Coming here,i expect uplifting and to be held accountable. Anytime you'd like to tlk, just inbox me. btw, that word is  john 14:14

tlallen710
on 1/23/14 2:40 am

I will send up a few prayers for you. I, too, am pre-op and hoping for an approval for surgery. I have a ways to go though. Once I complete all pre-requisites, I'm looking at a Late June/July surgery.

Time2StartLiving1107
on 1/23/14 2:45 am - Avondale, AZ

K. Allen-

Thank you for your prayers. I will send  a few up for you too. Once we get pass that approval stage I think the rest will fly by :-)

pharmagirl_45
on 1/23/14 2:53 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I will pray that you get the approval.  I know how you feel because my first attempted at approval was denied and I was so upset.  I'm now sleeve as of last week.  It will work out.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Time2StartLiving1107
on 1/23/14 2:56 am - Avondale, AZ

Thank you Pharmagirl_45.

Thank you so much. Do you mind me asking why you were denied and how did you get it approved? I never really understood why they would/could deny anyone.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views