Start purée stage on Wednesday...but

lmcintyre85
on 2/2/14 9:24 am
VSG on 01/15/14

Ok I start puree stage on Wednesday which I'm excited for but I am not as happy as I thought I would be to eats again. Since surgery I've lost 12.4lbs and I now it shouldn't but it totally bums me out that I haven't lost more. I know it's a good loss but I guess I just wished for more.

one another note about food can you guys tell me what you all ate on the purée stage, I would really appreciate it!

mustlovepoodles
on 2/2/14 9:39 am
VSG on 12/31/13

Soooo, you've lost almost 13 pounds in 18 days and you're unhappy about that? Really?   And when was the last time you lost 13 pounds in 18 days? 

You just had major surgery. That alone can cause some water weight retention. And you have a LOT of swelling and inflammation on the inside. I don't know what your starting point is, but in my book 0.72 pound weight loss per day is pretty darn good!

ETA: I was so wowed by your weight loss i forgot to talk about purees.

I am on softs, which for me means some purees and some things I can cut with a fork. My go to soft puree is small bits of soft potato or applesauce. I tried a little baby food and it was okay, but totally not necessary if you have a blender. I have a Magic Bullet and it works like a wonder.  I made a very good egg salad and a tuna salad in it. I just left out the crunchy celery, but everything else was just the regular way I make it.

Other good softs are SF jello, SF pudding, yogurt, refried beans. I found some refried black beans! Yummy, but it looks like poop, LOL.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

lmcintyre85
on 2/2/14 9:49 am
VSG on 01/15/14

I guess my problem is is over the summer I did a 30 day juice fast and lost 33lbs in 1 month so I think what I am doing is comparing now to then which I shouldn't do. 

And I am excited at the weight loss, just like I said I'm comparing the two.

pharmagirl_45
on 2/2/14 10:49 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I'm on pureed stage now and I made the ricotta bake and it went down fine.  I also made a sweet potato and mashed it up and put a little fat free sour cream. 

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Most Active