It's Your Choice

MayPenGirl
on 2/6/14 1:54 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Very well said.  No one held me down and force fed me pizza, ice cream, etc.  I happily opened my mouth and made the choice to eat it.  Most people do not want to take responsibility for their actions so they try to blame everyone else. 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

atia
on 2/6/14 10:12 am - parma, OH
VSG on 04/10/13

My husband asks me why I watch the show.  I watch it to remind me where I was pre band 486lbs and where I was pre sleeve 350lbs, how I got there, where I am now, where I want to go.  It reminds me and keeps me  vigilant in my journey.  It reminds me if I dont work a strong program and continue changing, i'll be back there again and i promise i NEVER want to go back. 

I often wonder why they dont do the sleeve on some of these as first step, maybe only step to the DS.  It would make more sence but then i dont think Dr. Nowzarden does that surgery and he is dealing with a lot of non compliant folks.  It just stumps me.

And yes, I yell and talk to the TV:-)

tia

Sandy M.
on 2/6/14 7:27 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Actually, Dr. Nowaraden did the sleeve on Penny Saeger, the woman who has received a TON of criticism about her non-compliance.  She lot 40 pounds pre-op, but then actually gained weight post surgery. She's now claiming that she was set up and the show was a lie.  She refused to get off 24 hour a day oxygen, even though her O2 stats were better then Dr. N.'s, refused to walk, refused to come to the office for appointments, and treated a nutrionist who came to her house like crap.  Mental illness has to be present there, or perhaps her disability checks rely on that oxygen or something.

And the mindset some of those folks have - we think it's unbelievable in this day and age that they eat like that, but "there by the grace of God go I".  If I didn't choose to get educated about food labels, I'd be making the same mistakes!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views