WOW! 1 year has almost come & gone.

HilaryH8103
on 2/6/14 1:13 pm - WA

I've been so busy lately that I completely forgot about this website. As of February 25th I'll be at my 1 year anniversary from having the lap sleeve procedure. BEST damn thing that I've EVER done for MYSELF. I'd do it over and over again if I had to. 

I lost 160 lbs in the first 9 months and I feel amazing. I don't know how to update my avatar from my new cell phone and my laptop is packed up for the time being. I'll update my avatar in the next few days one way or another. 

I'm always on the My Fitness Pal application. I love that app. It is my best friend. I highly urge you to use that app. especially if you're new to this website. It is by far my favorite and I've made so many wonderful new friends. 

My husband and I found out that we're pregnant on December 16th. Our son can't wait to be a big brother. He's been asking us to have a baby for the last 6 years. This was not a planned pregnancy but we couldn't be happier.

We just purchased our first home and get to move in at the end of March. We're so excited to finally have something that's all ours.  Well... And technically the banks. LOL

New body, baby on the way and a new house. What a year of changes headed our way. God is good and we are blessed. 

My lap sleeve is my best friend. I've learned over time exactly what it likes and doesn't like. I've realized that as long as I take care of my sleeve. It will take care of me too. I couldn't be happier with my lap sleeve. Times were very rough in the first 4-5 months. I was throwing up daily and I couldn't eat without taking an anti nausea medication. Zofran. I think that my sleeve just took a little longer to heal. Now my sleeve is PERFECT!!! I wouldn't trade my sleeve for anything. 

Good Luck to all of you new men & women on this site and hello to my old friends. I hope that you all are still very successful and treating your sleeve right.

Much Love,

Hilary ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

KevinBacon
on 2/6/14 1:17 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Ahh congrats on your pregnancy!!! Blessings all around!!!! 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

HilaryH8103
on 2/6/14 1:24 pm - WA

Thank you so much!

Sandy M.
on 2/6/14 7:40 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Well done working that sleeve!  And congrats on the new addition!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

bob-h
on 2/6/14 7:59 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

It iws an amazing ride for sure. You have had more downs then ups the first few months but you were determined to make this work. Now as you look in the mirror you can see it was all worth the trouble. Maybe it was just the little push to help with the baby making process. 👶🍼.  You remembered my saying, "If you bite  it ,you have to write it". You have been a good friend on here and in MFP. Thanks for helping me stay on the right path.  Congrats my friend. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

HilaryH8103
on 2/6/14 9:29 pm - WA

Bob H ^^^^^ is an example of the WONDERFUL many new friends that I've made on My Fitness Pal. We stick by each other and help to motivate each other as best as we can. Bob you are my best friend on My Fitness Pal. Thank you so much for your friendship. It means the world to me. 

Your famous words... "If you bite it, you must write it." There have been so many not perfect days. There have been a lot of days where I've wished that I didn't eat that cookie or that bowl of ice cream because once I log it on MFP everyone that sees my diary is going to know I slipped but most of all it reminds me of how I slipped. It makes that bowl of ice cream so real. LOL... I'm not perfect and that is OKAY by me. I make mistakes but as long as I'm honest with myself I'll be alright. Tomorrow is always a new day and it's a day to work harder and do what I feel is right.

Thank you so much for your honest & genuine friendship Bob. I cheri****!!!

Much Love, 

Hilary

Shagdoll
on 2/7/14 12:24 am

Wow Hilary, I am so happy to hear about your baby news, congratulations!!!!!  I remember your challenges earlier out of surgery and I am happy to hear that things are going so well for you now.

Take care & don't be a stranger!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

HilaryH8103
on 2/9/14 1:03 pm - WA

Thanks Jenn. I'm going to really make an effort to come back to this site at least a few times a week. I miss SOME of you. Lol ;-)

How are you doing Jenn?

♡/Hilary

Most Active