Just got my Ins approved!

1kimbo
on 2/8/14 11:03 pm
VSG on 02/25/14

I just got my Insurance letter with their acceptance to give me VSG....I'd been scared they'd say no (again), but I fulfilled their requirements....so why do I feel excited and nausous (nerves) at the same time?  I'm not sure I'll have understanding support at home.  I know they'll be routing for me, but everyone in my family has what I call "skinny person syndrom"...they just can't put themselves in my shoes (did I mention they're all 4 males?)...I'm fearful I'll feel alone, during the hard times- bloating, crying phase...causing me to be resentful of them...

I'm also fearful of screwing this up...obviiously my track record isn't the best or I wouldn't have gotten here.  I've never been good at the daily "busy work" of writting stuff down.  I'm not sure how to put myself first and still get ,what I deem, needs to get don't at home.  

any suggestions?

Kim

LovesDoggs
on 2/9/14 12:01 am - Clayton, CA

Hi Kimbo, I was afraid of the same thing.  I decided to tell my folks and they surprised me by being supportive. My Dad said he was so worried about me and that he was proud I was being so brave.  HUH....wouldn't have predicted that. You just never know how they are going to react, but you are the best judge of how they will react.  I am not good at following rules either but my doctor and staff recommended an app for my phone and computer called My Fitness Pal.  Go get it and start now.  It has helped me a lot to stay on track.  I also downloaded an app called interval trainer.  It tweets to remind me to drink. I set the volume on low when at work. No one seems to notice.   That's my big downfall....I work work work and forget everything else.  No longer possible for me and I'm work'in it. :)

I am in my third week after surgery. Just started soft foods....didn't think pureed cauliflower could taste this good!!! LOL.  All has gone well.  I have followed the instructions.  Struggled with not gulping water but am learning.  I'm not bloated...i don't think...I'm not crying....athough i do sorely miss food...but i am not hungry at all. I think it's going to work.

I am drinking a protein hot chocolate right now from Heath Wise and really like it.  I would never let myself have a hot coco before the surgery.  So there are positives in the food department too. 

Good Luck!

T. Kaupp

HW 241 SW 226 GW 140  CW 3/23/15   147   I can do this!!

LosingSarah
on 2/9/14 2:40 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Congrats on your approval!

Does your health system/center or whereever you're having your surgery have support meetings? I think, for anyone, especially someone who doesn't have a good support system at home they are very important. I also think using OH or another site is also important. 

I am thankful to have a good support system at home (hubby & daughter). They are both fit and healthy, so they don't REALLY understand what I am going thorugh, but don't sabotage me or bring crappy food into the house.  From what I've read on this site it is especially difficult for those whose housemates/family bring junk into the house, which makes sense. This is why support is super important.

Again, congrats on your upcoming surgery, and remember that this site is a great resource for both information and support.

Most Active