Is this pain or am I full?

Southjerzjoy
on 2/10/14 7:30 am
VSG on 01/27/14

So I'm on stage III which is things like tuna and anything you can cut with a fork like eggs or stuff like that. So I should eat 2 or 3 up to 4 ounces eventually so normally I put 2 ounces into a bowl. I get 1 ounce to 1 1/2 ounces and I get really uncomfortable does that mean I'm full or is it pain?  I feel like I'm still hungry and then a few hours later I'm real hungry. I really need to get my food protein.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/14 7:39 am - Canada

Make sure you are chewing really well, eating slow (take time in between bites) and stop when you feel that feeling.  You may need to eat 6 times a day to get in your food.  I'm still at 2oz.  I think it's normal.  If you are getting your liquid in and can eat more frequently there is nothing wrong with that.

kellma699
on 2/10/14 7:42 am
VSG on 02/04/14

I think if you are uncomfortable or it hurts, you should stop. I've heard from my nut and on the internet that that "hungry" feeling for the first few weeks after VSG is actually gas. I don't know for sure, but this seems to be the general consensus. I feel hungry too, but am still on full liquids. That being said, if I was consuming this diet pre op, I would feel like I was starving to death. So I'm assuming that hunger post op takes a different form or intensity.

Have you asked your nut or surgeon about what you are feeling?

HW 257, SW 190.2, CW 148.8, GW 125

kellma699
on 2/10/14 7:43 am
VSG on 02/04/14

sorry not gas *acid

HW 257, SW 190.2, CW 148.8, GW 125

Southjerzjoy
on 2/10/14 8:23 am
VSG on 01/27/14

nutritionist says stop of course I do stop but I don't feel satisfied. 

trinoc
on 2/10/14 11:09 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

I think this is because in the past satisfied came after you'd chewed and tasted all you wanted to...beyond necessity.  At least this is my reality.  I will no longer get to that same "satisfied" feeling because let's face it, when something tastes good it's hard not to want to keep eating more than 5 small forkfuls.  But eating more that what we needed is what made the surgery necessary.  I had to learn that satisfied was not going to be when my body was finished...not my tongue.  :-)

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

claimmaster
on 2/10/14 10:38 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I've found that feeling "satisfied" is completely different for me now.  I eat 5 times a day at 3 hour intervals.  I weigh and measure what I'm eating, never eat more, and often eat less than I've portioned out for myself.  I find the slower I eat the more satisfied I get.  I know the conventional wisdom is to concentrate on eating and don't be distracted by tv or the computer, but I find just the opposite to work for me.  If I'm on the computer, I'll take one bite, put down my fork, and forget about it for 5 minutes.  Then I'll notice my food again and take another bite and forget about it again.  When I do this I usually can't eat all of my meal and feel quite satisfied.  Sometimes I'm really hungry for my next meal, other times I'm not hungry at all.  I listen to my body and I don't eat if I'm not hungry.  I know the next day I'll probably feel just the opposite and want to eat every last morsal I've planned out for my meals.  Maybe spacing out your meals a little closer is what you need to do.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

56sunShine14
on 2/11/14 2:51 am

I am a bandster waiting for revision but I can tell you that when I ate more than was needed to make me "full", it was an uncomfortable feeling and could be painful at times.

AllisonKara
on 2/11/14 3:32 am

I think it does happen with a few people. I know a few people who had the same problem, and going on a bit slowly helped a lot. I can only suggest the same from my experience. Take your meals slowly. No rush. And, chew your meal chunk more than 20 times. It would help I hope.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views