February Surgeries?

1kimbo
on 2/15/14 2:47 am
VSG on 02/25/14

I got my Ins Approval Feb 8th,  started my10 day Pre Op program today and have my surgery Feb 25...everything is happening so fast!  Anyone else feeling super excited, but nervous ( the unknown) at the same time?  What are you doing to prepare?  (I'm on vacation for this week, so I only have the day before to prepare unless I need to order something online.)  My Hot Chocolate protein drink tastes great (my first meal replacement)...hoping I don't feel starving later on.  

Love to hear from you and have some new pen pals!

Kim 

HW-227  SW 119  

M1-

mcraedublin
on 2/15/14 3:00 am - GA

Hi. Surgery date 02/19 @ 0730. Start my pre-op diet Monday. Actually the only emotion I am feeling at this moment is excitement! Excited to begin anew. Excited to start this journey. Excited to see where this journey ends ( better health, new experiences, new adventures). Now I can't tell you how I will feel Wednesday morning checking in at 0530 but for now, pure excitement.  

Still have odds and ends to pick up but not very much. 

Txsknitnsew
on 2/15/14 3:10 am
VSG on 02/20/14

My surgery date is February 20. Very apprehensive.. Starting to wonder if I will ever have birthday cake with my grandsons again. And I don't even like cake.

mollz007
on 2/15/14 4:00 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Hang in there... I know what you mean. I felt a little of that yesterday when there were so many treats at work. But the truth is that you will eventually be able to eat anything you want, just in smaller amounts. Nothing is technally off limits, though there are definitely some foods that you should eat more of than others. 

check out my blog!

mollz007
on 2/15/14 3:57 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Hi there! My surgery is on the 20th. I'm not really that nervous at all. I started my pre op diet on Thursday and it has been pretty difficult so far but I'll manage. I am still trying out different protein drinks to see what I like best.

check out my blog!

myjourney2014
on 2/15/14 4:28 am - ontario, OH

How many calories daily for your preop plan? I am really struggling and feeling quite hungry. 

mollz007
on 2/15/14 5:53 am
VSG on 02/20/14

There isn't a daily calorie requirement, just as long as you get in the 4 protein shakes a day and 64 oz of fluid. It's been hard so far, not gonna lie. Yesterday there was so much crap at work and it was hard to resist. I am so ready for my surgery to be here! Hang in there... you got this! If you're struggling too much maybe contact your NUT. I did and mine said I could have plain chicken breast if needed. Good luck!

check out my blog!

myjourney2014
on 2/15/14 6:07 am - ontario, OH

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking of sugar free jello. I think that may help with my desire to eat something.

mollz007
on 2/15/14 8:00 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I love SF jello and SF popsicles!

check out my blog!

myjourney2014
on 2/15/14 4:25 am - ontario, OH

. .  My surgery is feb 26th. I as m very excited but the pre opened diet is not fun. I am on optifast for 14 days preoperative. One protein bar daily. I am hungry and struggling. 

Most Active