I love spaghetti squash

tdallison
on 2/17/14 3:05 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I just wanted to share my love of spaghetti squash.  If you are missing pasta this is a wonderful option.  I use it in place of pasta for spaghetti, but it is also great as a side dish.  Add a little butter and some of your favorite spices and your good to go.   

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

LeeYaan
on 2/17/14 3:31 am - Sacramento, CA
VSG on 01/30/14

Me too, long before WLS even.  It's so delicious!

What You Are Not Changing, You Are Choosing - Laurie Buchanan

freckles1973
on 2/17/14 3:35 am - Canada

Me toooo!! Luv it!!

Heres a recipe I use.

Baked Margarita Spaghetti Squash

Ingredients: 1 large spaghetti squash 1 tbsp. olive oil 1 large Roma tomato, finely chopped 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil 1/4 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese 1 tsp. each salt & pepper 1 tsp. garlic powder

Steps: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a large knife or a cleaver, slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise down the middle. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and center strings. Drizzle the two halves with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the squash, open side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, check to see if the squash is soft and easily comes up with a fork into a spaghetti like texture. If it’s too hard to remove, cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, scrape and fluff the stringy squash with a fork. Leave the squash in the skin. Turn the oven up to broil. Add the tomatoes and fresh basil into the squash, stir and top with the mozzarella cheese. Place in the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving the squash.

HW : 246 PW:220 SW:208 CW:130

VSG surgery on 09/10/2013 with Dr. Henri Atlas

tdallison
on 2/17/14 3:44 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

This sounds yummy.  I will be cooking this very soon!!!

Toni Dallison

mickeymantle
on 2/17/14 3:55 am, edited 2/17/14 3:56 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

when I can't get the squash, I get Nasoya - Pasta Zero Plus, Shirataki Spaghetti  at Walmart , 30 cal for the whole package but you need to wa**** good or it has a funny smell,

I throw it in a wok with some garlic and veggies and its good , sometimes I eat it with some home made eggplant parmasia , baked with no breading , and 4 oz of cheese and a drop of spaghetti sauce yum

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

tdallison
on 2/17/14 9:26 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Sounds yummy. I will have to check that out

Toni Dallison

Fallenangel2904
on 2/17/14 4:27 am - NY
VSG on 11/14/12

So funny, I just made it last night and was tooting my love of it! It tastes AMAZING with a laughing cow light cheese wedge melted into it. OMG so good! Cheesy, creamy and amazing! That's how I made it last night and everyone loved it- even non WLS peeps!

Robin- Post Op- Surgery November 14th 2012
HW:379 SW:359 CW:272 GW:199

tdallison
on 2/17/14 9:27 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Wow. Never thought to do that. Will try it tomorrow 😄

Toni Dallison

PerfectAngel
on 2/17/14 6:05 am

Me too, You might like this too: 

Paleo Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Cream Sauce

Prep time:  10 mins           Cook time: 10 mins            Servings: 4
  151 Votes

i  
  Print Friendly and PDF
Ingredients:
5 large zucchinis, washed

SAUCE
1 large (or 2 small) avocados, pit removed
15 fresh basil leaves
1 tsp. sea salt + a few dashes to salt the zucchini with
 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil  1/2 lemon, squeezed

1. Julienne your zucchini and place in a collander. Add a few dashes of sea salt to the zucchini and toss to coat. Allow to sit in the sink for about 20 minutes. This will help some of the excess water drain out from the zucchini. You can also place the zucchini in some paper towels and squeeze gently to remove any remaining moisture.
2. Place all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. (If making this dish raw, stop here and just mix the sauce in with the noodles and serve)
3. Saute in pan over medium high heat zucchini (1 tbsp. olive oil) and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the sauce and toss with kitchen tongs to ensure all of the zucchini noodles are coated in sauce. Cook for another 2-4 minutes or until heated through (Or heat the sauce separately and serve on top of the noodles).
4. Serve right away.

PerfectAngel
on 2/17/14 6:08 am

They use Bacon fat in Paleo but I use Olive oil, good luck!

Most Active