Safety Pins

Nmmsg
on 2/22/14 10:06 pm, edited 2/23/14 5:16 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Last week I had to resort to safety pins to pull my waist in on my pants.  When my husband saw it , he could not believe it so needless to say we went shopping this weekend.  I am still not use to it.  Each store has a different system,  I went in to Chicos and their sizes run 0-3.  What is that?  Fortunately a lovely salesperson came to my aid.  I told her I did not understand their system and that I thought I was  12 petite. Apparently that translates to a 1.5 short.  I was waiting for her to say I could not possibly be that size- former fat girl speaking. 

Anyway, thanks to her kindness and assistance I was able to get some clothes that fit. Actually everything I tried on fit- new experience for me.  I put a picture up on my blog site.

Thanks for listening.

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/14 11:09 pm - Canada

My first shopping experience 2 weeks ago was totally surreal.  I kept waiting for the salesgirls to ask if I was shopping for a friend (usually what they say when i walk into "normal" size stores).  I was so blessed to have my best friend in town, whom by the way is at the weight I was at when I started this journey, and she walked me store to store and held my hand (figuratively) through the process.  Without her assurance I don't know if I could have handled that first trip and would have run off to the "fat girl" store looking for their smallest size.  

It takes a great friend to watch you lose while she struggles and still experience the joy of you shopping for the things you've dreamed of wearing for years.  I'm very blessed!

Nmmsg
on 2/23/14 5:11 am
VSG on 07/09/13

I was waiting for the salesperson to ask me if I was buying things for a friend as I felt like the imposter standing before her.  It will take awhile to get over years and years of living in the big gal world.

grannymedic1
on 2/22/14 11:48 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

My first year of shopping was a shock. I found that Goodwill became my new best friend. I would walk in with an armload of things I had "outgrown" and find other things that were cheap but I knew it was ok to let them get too loose and donate them back. The sad thing was that I was so thrilled with some of the great things I found in smaller sizes that it broke my heart to have them get too big!

Enjoy your new you.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Nmmsg
on 2/23/14 5:09 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Yesterday was major closet clean out.  Many of my old favorites had to go- even those I was saving to wear.  New motto- wear everything!  I had a moment of maybe I should not being doing this- maybe I'll need some of these things again.  I had to have the TALK of no I won't need them ever!  

G5x5
on 2/23/14 12:17 am - VA

If you don't hate shopping by the time you get to maintenance, you aren't doing it right LOL.  I've tried on so much stuff it's ridiculous.  Then, every time I think I'm done, something tightens up and nothing fits AGAIN.  Then you're right, there's no such thing as a standard in sizes anymore.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Nmmsg
on 2/23/14 5:06 am
VSG on 07/09/13

I don't like to shop anyway.  Even though it is much easier now I still don't like it. You are right about needing to go several times.  I usually get things taken in once and then when that is impossible , it is to the store.

Luvs2Cruise
on 2/23/14 3:28 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I just posted about my shopping trip yesterday.  I couldn't hold my pants up with a simple safety pin, I was down to using large binder clips on either side because there was so much fabric I needed to double over.  Congrats on your new clothes! 

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

Nmmsg
on 2/23/14 5:04 am, edited 2/23/14 5:15 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Binder clips- ouch!  Good thing you went shopping!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views